Review: could Insulin cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Regular insulin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 3,413 people who have side effects while taking Insulin from FDA and social media. Among them, 69 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Insulin and have Back pain >>>
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 3,633 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,411 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin. Among them, 69 people (2.02%) have Back Pain.
Time on Insulin when people have Back pain * :
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Insulin * :
|Back pain||44.29%||55.71% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Insulin * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||5.17%||12.07%||29.31%||51.72% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Insulin ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 10.14%)
- Depression (3 people, 4.35%)
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 4.35%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 4.35%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (2 people, 2.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Regular insulin (51 people, 73.91%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 27.54%)
- Nph insulin (19 people, 27.54%)
- Rezulin (15 people, 21.74%)
- Lasix (15 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Insulin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Insulin and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Insulin
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Insulin, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Daucus carota flower tea and blood sugar levels
Since 3 weeks I take a cup of tea (3 - 4 times daily after meals*) of Daucus carota flowers and I have preprandial blood sugar levels of 90 - 120 mg/dl (5.0 - 6.7 mmol/l). Before I had 120 - 200 mg/dl (6,7 - 11.1 mmol/l). I have not experienced any side effects.
* According to H. J. Stammel, Die Apotheke Manitous. Wunderlich Verlag 1986.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Dark circles under my eyes
I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia when I was young,I get headaches,a sick feeling every time I Stand up,dizziness,and dark circles under my eyes.
More reviews for: Insulin, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
More related studies for: Insulin, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.