Review: could Insulin cause Cardiac arrest?
Summary: Cardiac arrest is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Regular insulin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 3,413 people who have side effects while taking Insulin from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Cardiac arrest. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiac arrest and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Insulin and have Cardiac arrest >>>
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 3,633 users)
Cardiac arrest has been reported by people with high blood pressure, dialysis, diabetes, pain, depression.(latest reports from Cardiac arrest 46,037 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 3,411 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin. Among them, 89 people (2.61%) have Cardiac Arrest.
Time on Insulin when people have Cardiac arrest * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cardiac arrest||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cardiac arrest when taking Insulin * :
|Cardiac arrest||38.20%||61.80% |
Age of people who have Cardiac arrest when taking Insulin * :
|Cardiac arrest||0.00%||0.00%||1.15%||5.75%||3.45%||19.54%||18.39%||51.72% |
Severity of Cardiac arrest when taking Insulin ** :
How people recovered from Cardiac arrest ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 5.62%)
- Peritoneal dialysis (4 people, 4.49%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 4.49%)
- Psoriasis (4 people, 4.49%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Regular insulin (63 people, 70.79%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 25.84%)
- Lasix (18 people, 20.22%)
- Digoxin (14 people, 15.73%)
- Lovenox (14 people, 15.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cardiac Arrest while taking Insulin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Insulin and have Cardiac Arrest
- support group for people who take Insulin
- support group for people who have Cardiac Arrest
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Taking prozac nowfor depression. (20mg 2xdaily) want to add chantix to quit smoking
I am taking Prozac for maor depessive disorder. I want to take chantix to helpme quit smoking. do I take chantix in addition to prozac or replacing prozac?
- Does xolair cause high blood sugar?
After my first dose my blood sugar went up but my hives and breathing improved. After several months blood sugar problems got worse. Now trying to get numbers down with insulin but still not normal. What, if any amount of units of insulin does anyone use to alleviate these problems?
- Did your physician discuss the risks before you were given oxaliplatin?
Oxaliplatin was given to me as part of chemotherapy then immediately taken off as I had a reaction. Shortly after the chemo sessions ended I experienced a sudden hearing loss where simple sounds like traffic sounded like a rushing river, likewise motors or fans running. After more than five years the rushing sounds have lessened except when I see live sports on TV when the fans make noise. The hearing loss has continued or got worse. Can any one suggest a drug or remedy to mitigate this. By the way, my oncologist did not discuss with me the risks before I was given this drug.
More questions for: Insulin, Cardiac arrest
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Daucus carota flower tea and blood sugar levels
Since 3 weeks I take a cup of tea (3 - 4 times daily after meals*) of Daucus carota flowers and I have preprandial blood sugar levels of 90 - 120 mg/dl (5.0 - 6.7 mmol/l). Before I had 120 - 200 mg/dl (6,7 - 11.1 mmol/l). I have not experienced any side effects.
* According to H. J. Stammel, Die Apotheke Manitous. Wunderlich Verlag 1986.
- Dark circles under my eyes
I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia when I was young,I get headaches,a sick feeling every time I Stand up,dizziness,and dark circles under my eyes.
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac arrest.
More reviews for: Insulin, Cardiac arrest
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- I'm Agoraphobic and don't leave my house so unable to attend GP or local hospital to have this investigated.
I'm morbidly obese - due to combination of drugs listed above and which have known side effects of weight gain (not due to diet) I don't eat fried food or red meat and eat plenty of fresh f ...
- Have congestive heart failure, strokes, heavy menstrual needing blood transfusions, uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, weakness, forgetful, memory loss vision disturbances, glaucoma and dizzy. Severe cramping.
- Patient has Diabetes Mellitus and has daily insulin injections. Am wondering if the taking of the Lansoprazole which was prescribed in March for poor bowel movement may have triggered serotonin syndrome
- after taking a variety of medication for bi polar disorder since age twenty I suffered a large heart attack and cardiac arrest at age 35. I had significant weigh gain largely due to high doses of olanzapine but in the two years prior to heart attack I lost most of weight gain due to a reduction and ...
More related studies for: Insulin, Cardiac arrest
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.