Home > Insulin > Dehydration > Insulin and Dehydration
Review: could Insulin cause Dehydration?
Summary: Dehydration is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Regular insulin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 3,411 people who have side effects while taking Insulin from FDA and social media. Among them, 98 have Dehydration. Find out below who they are, when they have Dehydration and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Insulin and have Dehydration >>>
Insulin (latest outcomes from 3,631 users) has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes.
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) (latest reports from 490,322 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, hepatitis c.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin. Among them, 98 people (2.87%) have Dehydration.
Time on Insulin when people have Dehydration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dehydration when taking Insulin * :
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Insulin * :
Severity of Dehydration when taking Insulin ** :
How people recovered from Dehydration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (20 people, 20.41%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 16.33%)
- Pain (13 people, 13.27%)
- Depression (12 people, 12.24%)
- Nausea (11 people, 11.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Regular insulin (88 people, 89.80%)
- Nph insulin (37 people, 37.76%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 26.53%)
- Zoloft (20 people, 20.41%)
- Prilosec (19 people, 19.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dehydration while taking Insulin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Insulin and have Dehydration
- support group for people who take Insulin
- support group for people who have Dehydration
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does naproxen sodium help phimosis?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Cuts On Foreskin, Swollen Foreskin Around Penis, and takes Naproxen Sodium, Insulin)
I have phimosis and don't know what caused it. I'm diabetic and I was told this is more likely to happen to diabetics but I have been diabetic for 20 years and have never had this before.
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Taking prozac nowfor depression. (20mg 2xdaily) want to add chantix to quit smoking
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Chronic Renal Insufficiency, Arthritis, Gout, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, COPD, and takes Spironolactone, Furosemide, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Meloxicam, Allopurinol, Regular Insulin, Lantus, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Advair Diskus 250/50, Proair Hfa)
I am taking Prozac for maor depessive disorder. I want to take chantix to helpme quit smoking. do I take chantix in addition to prozac or replacing prozac?
- Does dehydration affect protime results?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Linda, Pulmonary Embolism, Dehydration, and takes Coumadin)
My protime has gone up to 3.1. I'm concerned about what caused it. I've been avoiding green leafy veggies, except lettuce. I generally have a salad every day. I also have a couple glasses of wine. I've been told that as long as this remains a habit it will noit affect my protime.
But I've been ver ...
- Does xolair cause high blood sugar?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Chronic Urticaria, and takes Prednisone, Insulin)
After my first dose my blood sugar went up but my hives and breathing improved. After several months blood sugar problems got worse. Now trying to get numbers down with insulin but still not normal. What, if any amount of units of insulin does anyone use to alleviate these problems?
More questions for: Insulin, Dehydration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Daucus carota flower tea and blood sugar levels
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Type II, and takes Insulin)
Since 3 weeks I take a cup of tea (3 - 4 times daily after meals*) of Daucus carota flowers and I have preprandial blood sugar levels of 90 - 120 mg/dl (5.0 - 6.7 mmol/l). Before I had 120 - 200 mg/dl (6,7 - 11.1 mmol/l). I have not experienced any side effects.
* According to H. J. Stammel, Die ...
- Dark circles under my eyes
(Posted by a 15 year old girl who has Dark Circles Under Eyes, and takes Insulin)
I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia when I was young,I get headaches,a sick feeling every time I Stand up,dizziness,and dark circles under my eyes.
More reviews for: Insulin, Dehydration
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a patient with Noni. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Kidney Palpable, Blood Urine
Comments: I am a student and I have been taking Adderall recreationally for performance. I went to the dr with kidney pain, they did a blood test and urinalysis. Moderate amnts of Blood cells in my urine. dehydration. Also in my past I have had an upj obstruction for which I had successful surgery when I w ...
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Dehydration. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
Comments: My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- A study of side effects of Chlorthalidone for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Weight Gain
Comments: in the last four months while on the medication. i am on average 202-215 pounds. before the meds i was between 175-185. also i now drink about 10 pints of water a day. just to stay hydrated.
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
More related studies for: Insulin, Dehydration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Chapped Lips
- Major Depression
- Mirena and Uterine Contractions Abnormal
- Dry Mouth and Lamictal
- Bipolar 2 and Dry Mouth
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (13 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (19 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)