Insulin and Dehydration - from FDA reports
Dehydration is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dehydration with Insulin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,025 people who have side effects when taking Insulin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
21,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin.
Among them, 382 people (1.82%) have Dehydration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Insulin when people have Dehydration *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dehydration when taking Insulin *:
- female: 55.11 %
- male: 44.89 %
Age of people who have Dehydration when taking Insulin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.32 %
- 20-29: 1.32 %
- 30-39: 4.29 %
- 40-49: 12.54 %
- 50-59: 17.82 %
- 60+: 62.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (48 people, 12.57%)
- Pain (30 people, 7.85%)
- Depression (25 people, 6.54%)
- Nausea (20 people, 5.24%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (17 people, 4.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (60 people, 15.71%)
- Metformin (53 people, 13.87%)
- Lantus (33 people, 8.64%)
- Synthroid (31 people, 8.12%)
- Prilosec (30 people, 7.85%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (74 people, 19.37%)
- Nausea (71 people, 18.59%)
- Weakness (63 people, 16.49%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (63 people, 16.49%)
- Fatigue (63 people, 16.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dehydration when taking Insulin?
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 21,488 users)
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, multiple myeloma, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 99,028 Dehydration patients).