Review: could Insulin cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Regular insulin, and have Diabetes.
We study 3,421 people who have side effects while taking Insulin from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Insulin and have Diarrhea >>>
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 3,641 Insulin users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 3,421 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin. Among them, 55 people (1.61%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Insulin when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Insulin * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Insulin * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Insulin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 20.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (6 people, 10.91%)
- Peritoneal dialysis (5 people, 9.09%)
- Depression (4 people, 7.27%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma (3 people, 5.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Regular insulin (34 people, 61.82%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 36.36%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 25.45%)
- Lantus (10 people, 18.18%)
- Lasix (8 people, 14.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of insulin and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Insulin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Insulin and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Insulin
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Insulin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Insulin for a 73-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Topamax, Insulin, Cinnamon, Metformin for a 43-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Insulin, Glipizide, Metformin for a 63-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Insulin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Emsam, Oxycontin, Valproic Acid for a 58-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.