Insulin and Psoriasis - from FDA reports
Psoriasis is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Humira, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Psoriasis with Insulin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,025 people who have side effects when taking Insulin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 15, 2017
21,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin.
Among them, 143 people (0.68%) have Psoriasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Insulin *:
- female: 61.15 %
- male: 38.85 %
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Insulin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.98 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.93 %
- 40-49: 11.88 %
- 50-59: 28.71 %
- 60+: 50.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (36 people, 25.17%)
- High Blood Pressure (20 people, 13.99%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 12.59%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (13 people, 9.09%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (59 people, 41.26%)
- Enbrel (29 people, 20.28%)
- Metformin (21 people, 14.69%)
- Methotrexate (19 people, 13.29%)
- Solu-Medrol (11 people, 7.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (22 people, 15.38%)
- Drug Ineffective (21 people, 14.69%)
- Injection Site Pain (15 people, 10.49%)
- Rashes (12 people, 8.39%)
- Itching (11 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis when taking Insulin?
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 21,488 users)
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) has been reported by people with psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 179,103 Psoriasis patients).