Home > Insulin > Swelling face > Insulin and Swelling face
Review: could Insulin cause Swelling face?
We study 3,409 people who have side effects while taking Insulin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Insulin and have Swelling face >>>
Insulin (latest outcomes from 3,630 users) has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes.
Swelling face (latest reports from 118,755 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 3,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin. Among them, 3 people (0.09%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Insulin when people have Swelling face * :
Gender of people who have Swelling face when taking Insulin * :
|Swelling face||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Insulin * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Insulin ** :
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Decubitus ulcer (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 33.33%)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 33.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Regular insulin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Magnesium oxide (2 people, 66.67%)
- Multi-vitamins (2 people, 66.67%)
- Fosinopril sodium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Insulin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Insulin and have Swelling Face
- group for people who take Insulin
- group for people who have Swelling Face
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Swollen airways led to doctors placing her on a breathing machine and life support.
From this study (3 months ago):
Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescribed lantus insulin to try to assist in controlling blood sugar. I am monitoring blood pressure and blood sugar several times a day and watching the leg / ankle malady to see if more pustules and rash persist. I started by on the lisinopril for high blood pressure and the rash heightened and spread. So I have stopped the lisinopril and the rash is subsiding. I won't take any medication until this LV clears up - it is very scary, debilitating and a ground for infection. I think drugs are prescribed as bandaids and I realize I have to check the side effects and interactions of drugs and be so much more proactive than I have been - including the type II diabetes. I will never just take prescribed medicine without researching myself - ever again.
From this study (3 months ago):
I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, and trouble breathing all go away within forty minutes of leaving my apartment and return within thirty minutes of being home. I also have greater mental clarity while away from home. I would like to pinpoint what is making me react. I own two cats, but I have never reacted to them before.
My symptoms with the swelling also worsen upon eating soy sauce, cheese, or when I add salt, which has never been an issue until the recent weeks, about the time my throat started mildly closing. Soy sauce made my ankles triple in size for three days, as well as my calves and feet. I couldn't bend my toes or fit my shoes and I had difficulty breathing and strange tingling in my calves and ankles. I have never even mildly swollen from any foods in my life.
I have only tried Zyrtec and Claritin. Zyrtec keeps away all the swelling, but Claritin doesn't. Claritin did help me with my dog allergy, but it is not with whatever is going on in my apartment.
kathym on Jun, 23, 2014:
Probably either toxic mold or pesticides you should move. Wish it was better news. I've had MCS for 17 yrs and if you don't do something about your situation you may have permanent damage to your immune system.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Taking prozac nowfor depression. (20mg 2xdaily) want to add chantix to quit smoking
I am taking Prozac for maor depessive disorder. I want to take chantix to helpme quit smoking. do I take chantix in addition to prozac or replacing prozac?
- Does xolair cause high blood sugar?
After my first dose my blood sugar went up but my hives and breathing improved. After several months blood sugar problems got worse. Now trying to get numbers down with insulin but still not normal. What, if any amount of units of insulin does anyone use to alleviate these problems?
More questions for: Insulin, Swelling face
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Dark circles under my eyes
I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia when I was young,I get headaches,a sick feeling every time I Stand up,dizziness,and dark circles under my eyes.
More reviews for: Insulin, Swelling face
On eHealthMe, Insulin (insulin pork) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Insulin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Insulin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (23 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (36 minutes ago)
- Meloxicam, Angeliq, Methotrexate for a 49-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Menopause (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (38 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Hiv Infection
- Decadron La