Home > Intuniv > Compulsive hair pulling > Intuniv and Compulsive hair pulling
Review: could Intuniv cause Compulsive hair pulling (Trichotillomania)?
We study 646 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Compulsive hair pulling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Intuniv and have Compulsive hair pulling >>>
Intuniv (latest outcomes from 827 users) has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Compulsive hair pulling
Compulsive hair pulling (disorder that causes people to pull out the hair from their scalp) (latest reports from 844 patients) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, acne, stress and anxiety, hepatitis c.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 639 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 1 people (0.16%) has Compulsive Hair Pulling.
Time on Intuniv when people have Compulsive hair pulling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv * :
|Compulsive hair pulling||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv * :
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Compulsive hair pulling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Indigestion (1 people, 100.00%)
- Add (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (1 people, 100.00%)
- Concerta (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Compulsive Hair Pulling while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Compulsive Hair Pulling
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Compulsive Hair Pulling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- My 9 year old son takes guanfacine, hydroxyzine, and depakote for adhd, anxiety, and a mild unspecified mood disorder. are all these medications safe for him?
(Asked by a 9 year old boy who has ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Disorder, and takes Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Depakote Er, Hydroxyzine)
My son is a vibrant 9 year old boy. He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and an unspecified mood disorder. We have tried Adderall, (which kept him awake all night)Concerta and Depakote combo which made him angry all the time. Now we are at a new clinic. He is now prescribed Guanfacine, Depakote ...
- Increasing leg cramps throughout night, loss of interest in sex
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hyper Tension, and takes Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide)
sever incessant muscle cramps nightly reducing sleep; loss of interest in intercouse
- Can trichotillomania, later in life, be a symptom from infant brachial plexus syndrom?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Trichotillomania)
More questions for: Intuniv, Compulsive hair pulling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
(Posted by a 7 year old boy who has Heavy Breathing, and takes Tenex)
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Intuniv)
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
(Posted by a 8 year old boy who has ADHD, Sensory Integrative Dysfunction, and takes Intuniv)
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 h ...
More reviews for: Intuniv, Compulsive hair pulling
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify for a patient with Compulsions. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Compulsive Sexual Behaviour, Compulsive Shopping, Compulsive Hair Pulling
Comments: started in early September 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Intuniv for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Petit Mal Seizure (absence seizures)
Comments: Was on intuniv for about a year was taken off of it and 4 months later noticed he was having absence seizure went and had a eeg done and it showed he was having petit mal seizures
- A study of side effects of Intuniv for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability
Comments: Just started taking the medication 3 days and signs of irritability and sarcasim are there already.
More related studies for: Intuniv, Compulsive hair pulling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.