Review: could Intuniv cause Compulsive hair pulling (Trichotillomania)?
Summary: Compulsive hair pulling is reported only by a few people who take Intuniv.
We study 654 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Compulsive hair pulling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Intuniv and have Compulsive hair pulling >>>
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 835 Intuniv users)
Compulsive hair pulling
Compulsive hair pulling (disorder that causes people to pull out the hair from their scalp) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, acne, stress and anxiety, hepatitis c. (latest reports from 275 Compulsive hair pulling patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 652 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 1 people (0.15%) has Compulsive Hair Pulling.
Time on Intuniv when people have Compulsive hair pulling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv * :
|Compulsive hair pulling||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv * :
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Compulsive hair pulling when taking Intuniv ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Compulsive hair pulling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Compulsive hair pulling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Indigestion (1 people, 100.00%)
- Add (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (1 people, 100.00%)
- Concerta (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Compulsive Hair Pulling while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Compulsive Hair Pulling
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Compulsive Hair Pulling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Intuniv, Abilify, Viibryd for a 14-year old boy with Contraction, Adhd, Aggression, Anxiety. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion, Sweating Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Tenex, Concerta, Hydroxyzine, Clonidine for a 5-year old boy with ADHD, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Blows His Nose Constantly, Meltdowns, Shakes, Seeing Things Only At Night
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Intuniv for a 12-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 25-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out (and in some cases, eat) one's own hair leading to noticeable hair loss, distress), Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed), Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Psychosis Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Aescin for a 32-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Cry Easily, Boils (infection of the hair follicle), Not Satisfied Even After Eating, Feeling Hot, Unable To Concentrate, Anger, Lethargy (tiredness), Moody, Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out (and in some cases, eat) one's own hair leading to noticeable hair loss, distress)
Recent Intuniv related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.