Intuniv and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Intuniv, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Focalin, and have Failure to thrive. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Intuniv. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,590 people who have side effects when taking Intuniv from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
1,590 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv.
Among them, 13 people (0.82%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Intuniv when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Intuniv *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Intuniv *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 41.67 %
- 10-19: 50.0 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psychomotor Hyperactivity (2 people, 15.38%)
- Failure To Thrive (2 people, 15.38%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (1 person, 7.69%)
- Schizophrenia (1 person, 7.69%)
- Pneumonia (1 person, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vyvanse (3 people, 23.08%)
- Focalin (3 people, 23.08%)
- Xopenex (2 people, 15.38%)
- Strattera (2 people, 15.38%)
- Genotropin (2 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (3 people, 23.08%)
- Pain In Extremity (2 people, 15.38%)
- Dehydration (2 people, 15.38%)
- Constipation (2 people, 15.38%)
- Abdominal Pain (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Intuniv?
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Intuniv 1,869 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 288,392 Diarrhea patients).