Review: could Intuniv cause Hallucinations?
Summary: Hallucinations is found among people who take Intuniv, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Unspecified nebulizer, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 648 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Hallucinations. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucinations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Intuniv and have Hallucinations >>>
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Intuniv 831 users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.(view latest reports from 24,107 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 646 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 19 people (2.94%) have Hallucinations.
Time on Intuniv when people have Hallucinations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Intuniv * :
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Intuniv * :
Severity of Hallucinations when taking Intuniv ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucinations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (10 people, 52.63%)
- Psychomotor hyperactivity (3 people, 15.79%)
- Impulse-control disorder (3 people, 15.79%)
- Affective disorder (1 people, 5.26%)
- Adhd (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Unspecified nebulizer (3 people, 15.79%)
- Abilify (3 people, 15.79%)
- Risperoprol (3 people, 15.79%)
- Concerta (2 people, 10.53%)
- Wellbutrin sr (2 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucinations while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Hallucinations
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Hallucinations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive? (1 answer)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- My 9 year old son takes guanfacine, hydroxyzine, and depakote for adhd, anxiety, and a mild unspecified mood disorder. are all these medications safe for him? (1 answer)
My son is a vibrant 9 year old boy. He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and an unspecified mood disorder. We have tried Adderall, (which kept him awake all night)Concerta and Depakote combo which made him angry all the time. Now we are at a new clinic. He is now prescribed Guanfacine, Depakote ER, and Hydroxyzine. Are all these medications a safe combination for him to be taking?
- Increasing leg cramps throughout night, loss of interest in sex
sever incessant muscle cramps nightly reducing sleep; loss of interest in intercouse
- Hallucinations from taking clonidine for prolonged period of time (1 answer)
My mother has been taking chlonidine for a very long time, dosage of .1 mg 10 pills per day, more than that if blood pressure gets high. She is now in the hospital with severe hallucinations. She thinks someone is watching her and she is paranoid. It is terrible. They have weaned her off of chlonidine, but I don't know if she will ever recover from this.
More questions for: Intuniv, Hallucinations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in hope of alleviating the condition.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint and the arm is limited in movement; the ribs have not healed. When I first broke it I couldn't lie down in bed. I had to try to sleep sitting in a chair, but I didn't sleep for several days. For several months, I only slept for 1 or 2 hours, sometimes not at all. Even now I only sleep for 2 or 3 hours. I have bone damage; stiffness and pains all over my body and muscles. I am dizzy and unbalanced. When I walk it feels like I am on a spring mattress and I have difficulty in lifting my legs When I stand still it feels like an earthquake. My neck is very weak; when I turn it to the left or right I have pain. My fingers hurt when I lift a mug of water. Tightness in upper left arm (arm is heavy) and is pulling on my back, neck and ribs and have a pain in the left-hand chest bone. I lost weight and cannot regain it, no matter how much I eat.
MARCH 14TH 2014- THE FOLOWING IS PART OF MY HORRIFIC PROBLEMS IN THE DAYTIME AND MAY HAVE COME FROM BRAIN DAMAGE WHEN I FELL DOWNSTAIRS
Today I am sitting in a chair in my room and I nod off and start dreaming/hallucinating. On the dream side, I am lying on the ground with many people around me. On the hallucination side, (which seems like I am half awake) I try to get up but after a tremendous struggle my muscles will not respond. It is terrifying. There are many people around and I'm trying to shout out “help” but I cannot speak properly. I'm speaking like someone who has had a stroke. I am semi-conscious of calling out but I can't wake up. The people around me are laughing at my predicament and do not help. I try many, many times to get up but it is like some force is holding me down. After a long time I crawl towards the gate of a house and go inside and see a bed. Then I try to get up on the bed and at that moment I wake up on the floor of my own room near my chair and my bed. On the hallucination side, I was actually feeling what was happening, even though the dream was in a different location. When I finally woke up, I was breathing like a man saved from disaster. It was a horrible experience and it has happened, in the past, twice before.
What kind of hallucination could this be?
I'm asking this advice because the doctors I've seen don't understand.
- Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 hours. I later learned that these symptoms, as well as dizziness, were all caused by a decrease in his blood pressure. I sure wish I had been aware that there was a possibility of this happening, because I thought he had the flu and allowed him to suffer untreated all night long and well into the morning. We had to spend the night in the hospital under observation and now we are back to 2 ml. A dose I do not think will be effective. The symptoms that we need addressed immediately are: lack of focus and organization, being easily aggravated by other people, and hyperactivity. We have tried stimulants before and they were not a good match for my son, making his SID symptoms more intense and he was very underweight. I think we will be seeing a neurologist soon. What are our options?
More reviews for: Intuniv, Hallucinations
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- My grandson has always been very energetic, and I am receiving good reports from daycare with his meltdowns, he is also doing very good with impulse control i very seldom get a call saying he has hit anyone. But the thing that concerns me is now when he goes to his MMA classes he tires very easy and ...
- My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
- after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
- 12 yr and 6 months old male with breasts enlarged and nipples also. Very embarassing. Has been on intuniv (3 yrs) and guanfacine (since Aug 2013) for past 5 yrs. Is small for age at 4'9" and weighs 105#. He was in the way below wt percentile on growth and wt chart until about 2 yrs ago.
More related studies for: Intuniv, Hallucinations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.