Review: could Intuniv cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is reported only by a few people who take Intuniv.
We study 654 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Intuniv and have Shortness of breath >>>
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 835 Intuniv users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 652 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 5 people (0.77%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Intuniv when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv * :
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vyvanse (2 people, 40.00%)
- Amantadine hcl (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 20.00%)
- Abilify (1 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a 55-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Dilantin for a 66-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Finger Cramps, No Energy, Difficulty Breathing, Irritability, Sensitivity To The Cold
Recent Intuniv related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.