Home > Intuniv > Shortness of breath > Intuniv and Shortness of breath
Review: could Intuniv cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is reported only by a few people who take Intuniv.
We study 648 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Intuniv and have Shortness of breath >>>
Intuniv (latest outcomes from 827 users) has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 164,498 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 648 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 5 people (0.77%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Intuniv when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv * :
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Intuniv ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vyvanse (2 people, 40.00%)
- Amantadine hcl (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 20.00%)
- Abilify (1 people, 20.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Fioricet)
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes front for head and temples (I have also had a warming sensation in the back of head and thought body here and there that no one can explain to me ) but I have been subscribed fioricet but I'm a chronic asthmatic so I take albuterol inhaler a ...
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty)
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Ramipril, Atenolol)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
More questions for: Intuniv, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
(Posted by a 7 year old boy who has Heavy Breathing, and takes Tenex)
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Intuniv)
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
(Posted by a 8 year old boy who has ADHD, Sensory Integrative Dysfunction, and takes Intuniv)
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 h ...
More reviews for: Intuniv, Shortness of breath
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Musculoskeletal Discomfort. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: i have had breathlessness for about 7 weeks now, i have had an ecg and tested for asthma and both came back normal. it all started from doing weights in the gym and the breathlessness is affecting my active life.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have copd and also take symbicort and spireva for the copd. I am on Metropolol
and isosorbide and was prescribed 80 mg Lipitor daily. The stiff hear was diagnosed after the Lipitor was prescribed.
More related studies for: Intuniv, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.