Intuniv and Tic - from FDA reports
Tic is found among people who take Intuniv, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Daytrana, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Tic with Intuniv. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,590 people who have side effects when taking Intuniv from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
1,590 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv.
Among them, 33 people (2.08%) have Tic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Intuniv when people have Tic *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tic when taking Intuniv *:
- female: 16.13 %
- male: 83.87 %
Age of people who have Tic when taking Intuniv *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 36.36 %
- 10-19: 63.64 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 12.12%)
- Precocious Puberty (1 person, 3.03%)
- Irritability (1 person, 3.03%)
- Drowsiness (1 person, 3.03%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vyvanse (5 people, 15.15%)
- Daytrana (5 people, 15.15%)
- Abilify (3 people, 9.09%)
- Sertraline (2 people, 6.06%)
- Concerta (2 people, 6.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Irritability (4 people, 12.12%)
- Arrhythmias (3 people, 9.09%)
- Hyperhidrosis (2 people, 6.06%)
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged (2 people, 6.06%)
- Abnormal Behavior (2 people, 6.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tic when taking Intuniv?
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Intuniv 1,869 users)
Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder, gilles de la tourette syndrome (latest reports from 4,125 Tic patients).