Review: could Intuniv cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Intuniv, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyrtec, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 654 people who have side effects while taking Intuniv from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Intuniv and have Upset stomach >>>
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 835 Intuniv users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 654 people reported to have side effects when taking Intuniv. Among them, 9 people (1.38%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Intuniv when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||75.00%||12.50%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Intuniv * :
|Upset stomach||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Intuniv * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Intuniv ** :
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (9 people, 100.00%)
- Vomiting (4 people, 44.44%)
- Asthma (4 people, 44.44%)
- Seasonal allergy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Tourette's disorder (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyrtec (4 people, 44.44%)
- Adderall 10 (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nuvigil (1 people, 11.11%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 11.11%)
- Daytrana (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of intuniv and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Intuniv?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Intuniv and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Intuniv
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Intuniv for a 11-year old boy with Tourette Syndrome. The patient has Buffalo Hump
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
Recent Intuniv related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall, Intuniv, Concerta for a 36-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Resporal, Intuniv for a 6-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Focalin Xr, Zoloft, Intuniv for a 11-year old boy who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.