Review: could Invega sustenna cause Mental disorder?
Summary: Mental disorder is found among people who take Invega sustenna, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Invega, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 3,465 people who have side effects while taking Invega sustenna from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Mental disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Invega sustenna and have Mental disorder >>>
Invega sustenna has active ingredients of paliperidone palmitate. It is often used in schizoaffective disorder. (latest outcomes from 3,474 Invega sustenna users)
Mental disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,984 Mental disorder patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 3,464 people reported to have side effects when taking Invega sustenna. Among them, 19 people (0.55%) have Mental Disorder.
Time on Invega sustenna when people have Mental disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental disorder||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mental disorder when taking Invega sustenna * :
|Mental disorder||22.58%||77.42% |
Age of people who have Mental disorder when taking Invega sustenna * :
|Mental disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mental disorder when taking Invega sustenna ** :
How people recovered from Mental disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (12 people, 63.16%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (2 people, 10.53%)
- Adverse drug reaction (2 people, 10.53%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 10.53%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Invega (14 people, 73.68%)
- Nexium (2 people, 10.53%)
- Abilify (2 people, 10.53%)
- Cogentin (2 people, 10.53%)
- Wellbutrin (2 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mental Disorder while taking Invega Sustenna?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Invega sustenna and have Mental Disorder
- support group for people who take Invega sustenna
- support group for people who have Mental disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Invega Sustenna for a 27-year old man with Anxiety Disorder, Schizophrenia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Invega Sustenna for a 46-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 66-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability)
- A study of drug interactions between Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate, Olanzapine for a 48-year old man with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Mood Fluctuations, Hallucination, Auditory
- A study of side effects of Invega Sustenna for a 35-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Swelling Face, Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Irritability
Recent Invega sustenna related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.