Review: could Irbesartan cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Irbesartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 7,803 people who have side effects while taking Irbesartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 181 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Irbesartan and have Rash >>>
Irbesartan has active ingredients of irbesartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 7,964 Irbesartan users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,070 Rash patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 7,800 people reported to have side effects when taking Irbesartan. Among them, 187 people (2.40%) have Rash.
Time on Irbesartan when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Irbesartan * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Irbesartan * :
Severity of Rash when taking Irbesartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (43 people, 22.99%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (19 people, 10.16%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 8.02%)
- Pain (10 people, 5.35%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (24 people, 12.83%)
- Simvastatin (19 people, 10.16%)
- Atenolol (17 people, 9.09%)
- Acetaminophen (16 people, 8.56%)
- Humira (16 people, 8.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of irbesartan and rash on
Do you have Rash while taking Irbesartan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Irbesartan and have Rash
- support group for people who take Irbesartan
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Avapro for a 67-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Psoriasis
Recent Irbesartan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Avapro, Olmetec for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Irbesartan for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Irbesartan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 43-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Tenex, Avapro for a 75-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.