Review: could Iron dextran cause Anaphylactic shock (Anaphylaxis)?
Summary: Anaphylactic shock is found among people who take Iron dextran, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Azathioprine, and have Anaemia.
We study 618 people who have side effects while taking Iron dextran from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Anaphylactic shock. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylactic shock and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Iron dextran and have Anaphylactic shock >>>
Iron Dextran has active ingredients of iron dextran. It is often used in anemia. (latest outcomes from 703 Iron Dextran users)
Anaphylactic shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain. (latest reports from 28,869 Anaphylactic shock patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 618 people reported to have side effects when taking Iron dextran. Among them, 33 people (5.34%) have Anaphylactic Shock.
Time on Iron dextran when people have Anaphylactic shock * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anaphylactic shock||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran * :
|Anaphylactic shock||37.50%||62.50% |
Age of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran * :
|Anaphylactic shock||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.34%||3.45%||17.24%||68.97% |
Severity of Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylactic shock ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anaemia (11 people, 33.33%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (4 people, 12.12%)
- Sinusitis (2 people, 6.06%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 6.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Azathioprine (2 people, 6.06%)
- Temazepam (2 people, 6.06%)
- Ranitidine (2 people, 6.06%)
- Paracetamol (2 people, 6.06%)
- Ergocalciferol (2 people, 6.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylactic Shock while taking Iron Dextran?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Iron dextran and have Anaphylactic Shock
- support group for people who take Iron dextran
- support group for people who have Anaphylactic Shock
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old woman with Iron Deficiency Anemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of side effects of Advil for a 54-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock
- A study of side effects of Tranexamic Acid for a 51-year old woman with Bleeding. The patient has Anaphylactic Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Omega 3, Vitamin B12, Iron Dextran, Adderall Xr 30, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 33-year old woman with General Physical Condition, Fatigue, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, Suicidal Ideation
Recent Iron dextran related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Iron Dextran, Alimta for a 62-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Iron Dextran (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 50MG IRON/ML, Betaseron (Bayer Healthcare Pharms) - 0.3 MG for a 43-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Iron Dextran (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 50MG IRON/ML, Alprazolam (Alphapharm) - 0.25MG, Metoprolol Tartrate (Mutual Pharm) - 50MG, Lisinopril (Par Pharm) - 10MG, Tikosyn for a 66-year old man who has Arrythmia, High Blood Pressure, Anemia, Tinnitus
- Comparions of Infed, Venofer for a 45-year old woman who has Anemia
- Comparions of Mirena (Bayer Hlthcare) - 52MG, Iron Dextran for a 24-year old woman who has Contraception
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.