Home > Iron dextran > Anaphylactic shock > Iron dextran and Anaphylactic shock
Review: could Iron dextran cause Anaphylactic shock (Anaphylaxis)?
We study 614 people who have side effects while taking Iron dextran from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Anaphylactic shock. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylactic shock and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Iron dextran and have Anaphylactic shock >>>
Iron dextran (latest outcomes from 697 users) has active ingredients of iron dextran. It is often used in anemia.
Anaphylactic shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance) (latest reports from 109,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 614 people reported to have side effects when taking Iron dextran. Among them, 33 people (5.37%) have Anaphylactic Shock.
Time on Iron dextran when people have Anaphylactic shock * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anaphylactic shock||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran * :
|Anaphylactic shock||37.50%||62.50% |
Age of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran * :
|Anaphylactic shock||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.34%||3.45%||17.24%||68.97% |
Severity of Anaphylactic shock when taking Iron dextran ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylactic shock ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anaemia (11 people, 33.33%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (4 people, 12.12%)
- Sinusitis (2 people, 6.06%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 6.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Azathioprine (2 people, 6.06%)
- Temazepam (2 people, 6.06%)
- Ranitidine (2 people, 6.06%)
- Paracetamol (2 people, 6.06%)
- Ergocalciferol (2 people, 6.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylactic Shock while taking Iron Dextran?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Iron dextran and have Anaphylactic Shock
- support group for people who take Iron dextran
- support group for people who have Anaphylactic Shock
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
- After anaphylaxis from naglazyme ,how should we proceed ert?
- Does leukemia itself cause neuropathy?
More questions for: Iron dextran, Anaphylactic shock
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Iron dextran, Anaphylactic shock
On eHealthMe, Iron Dextran (iron dextran) is often used for anemia. Find out below the conditions Iron Dextran is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Iron Dextran used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Iron dextran, Anaphylactic shock
Recent Iron dextran related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Iron Dextran, Alimta for a 62-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Iron Dextran (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 50MG IRON/ML, Betaseron (Bayer Healthcare Pharms) - 0.3 MG for a 43-year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Iron Dextran (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 50MG IRON/ML, Alprazolam (Alphapharm) - 0.25MG, Metoprolol Tartrate (Mutual Pharm) - 50MG, Lisinopril (Par Pharm) - 10MG, Tikosyn for a 66-year old man who has Arrythmia, High Blood Pressure, Anemia, Tinnitus
- Comparions of Infed, Venofer for a 45-year old woman who has Anemia
- Comparions of Mirena (Bayer Hlthcare) - 52MG, Iron Dextran for a 24-year old woman who has Contraception
- Comparions of Xifaxan (Salix Pharms) - 200MG, Iron Dextran for a 43-year old woman who has Ibs
- Comparions of Synthroid (Abbott) - 0.05MG, Iron Dextran for a 35-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Vicodin, Iron Dextran for a 40-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Coumadin, Dexferrum for a 45-year old woman who has Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Comparions of Diovan (Novartis) - 160MG, Prozac (Lilly) - EQ 10MG BASE, Inderal (Akrimax Pharms) - 10MG, Altoprev (Andrx Labs Llc) - 20MG, Iron Dextran for a 44-year old woman who has Hypertension, Depression
More related comparison studies for: Iron dextran, Anaphylactic shock
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (27 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (30 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Fluoride Increased
- Pineal Gland Cyst
- Burning Sensation
- Ureteral Necrosis