Review: could Isentress cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Isentress, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Norvir, and have Hiv infection.
We study 4,259 people who have side effects while taking Isentress from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Isentress and have Weight gain >>>
Isentress has active ingredients of raltegravir potassium. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from 4,364 Isentress users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 4,259 people reported to have side effects when taking Isentress. Among them, 34 people (0.80%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Isentress when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Isentress * :
|Weight gain||36.67%||63.33% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Isentress * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||46.15%||38.46%||7.69% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Isentress ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (28 people, 82.35%)
- Prophylaxis (2 people, 5.88%)
- Back pain (1 people, 2.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (1 people, 2.94%)
- Hair loss (1 people, 2.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvir (11 people, 32.35%)
- Darunavir (10 people, 29.41%)
- Prezista (9 people, 26.47%)
- Truvada (9 people, 26.47%)
- Etravirine (8 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Isentress?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Isentress and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Isentress
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Isentress related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Isentress, Complera, Succinylcholine Chloride for a 29-year old man who has Surgical Failure
- Comparions of Isentress, Truvada, Augmentin '875' for a 51-year old man who has Skin Graft
- Comparions of Isentress (Merck And Co Inc) - EQ 400MG BASE, Bromhexine Hydrochloride for a 39-year old man who has HIV
- Comparions of Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Abacavir, Isentress, Viread for a 46-year old woman who has Hiv Infection
- Comparions of Truvada, Isentress (Merck And Co Inc) - EQ 400MG BASE for a 43-year old man who has Hiv Infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.