Isoniazid and Hepatotoxicity - from FDA reports
Hepatotoxicity is found among people who take Isoniazid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pyrazinamide, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Hepatotoxicity with Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,749 people who have side effects when taking Isoniazid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 08, 2017
10,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid.
Among them, 242 people (2.25%) have Hepatotoxicity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Isoniazid when people have Hepatotoxicity *:
- < 1 month: 15.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 74.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.56 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid *:
- female: 49.34 %
- male: 50.66 %
Age of people who have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid *:
- 0-1: 3.23 %
- 2-9: 4.15 %
- 10-19: 5.53 %
- 20-29: 11.06 %
- 30-39: 15.67 %
- 40-49: 11.06 %
- 50-59: 17.97 %
- 60+: 31.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (35 people, 14.46%)
- Preventive Health Care (15 people, 6.20%)
- Latent Tuberculosis (10 people, 4.13%)
- Disseminated Tuberculosis (9 people, 3.72%)
- Tuberculin Test Positive (6 people, 2.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide (63 people, 26.03%)
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride (32 people, 13.22%)
- Rifampin (26 people, 10.74%)
- Lamivudine (17 people, 7.02%)
- Cotrim (16 people, 6.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Jaundice - Yellow Skin (63 people, 26.03%)
- Hepatic Failure (56 people, 23.14%)
- Liver Function Test Abnormal (49 people, 20.25%)
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased (22 people, 9.09%)
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased (21 people, 8.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid?
- Check symptoms - is hepatotoxicity caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHepatotoxicity and drugs with ingredients of isoniazid.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHepatotoxicity and Isoniazid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 11,053 users)
Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage) has been reported by people with hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, depression (latest reports from 8,951 Hepatotoxicity patients).
Browse all side effects of Isoniazida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HepatotoxicityHepatotoxicity
Could your condition cause HepatotoxicityHepatotoxicity
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been on this medication for six months, I've only experienced the hair loss this past month and a half. I have lost half of my hair already in the period of a month and a half. will my hair grow back? Should I stop taking this medication?
Hi I've recently found out that im hiv + with CD4 232 and was forced to start treatment tenofovir disoproxil,emtricitabine and efavirenz in one tablets,before starting treatment i had no symtomps but now i have devoloped rash al over my body since starting arvs. On my 3rd month visit at ...
Hello I just started to take isoniazid 2 months ago and as soon I started taking it I'm having pain on my both knees mostly in the left one and weighing some weight as well and Imsomnia. Now i been telling my doctor about this symptoms and think that is because of the medication and he says NO! ...
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Isoniazid for just a week. I am experiencing hip and leg pain which is extremely painful and dibilitating. Has anyone else experienced this and how long will it last. Also should I contact my hospital doctor?
I have been taking Isoniazid for about a week, and I am already bloating up. Does anyone know why the weight gain. Besides the bloating and swelling, I am experiencing several more side affects. I have to take this for nine months. Don't think I am going to make it.