Isoniazid and Hepatotoxicity - from FDA reports
Hepatotoxicity is found among people who take Isoniazid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pyrazinamide, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Hepatotoxicity with Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,749 people who have side effects when taking Isoniazid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 24, 2017
10,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid.
Among them, 242 people (2.25%) have Hepatotoxicity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Isoniazid when people have Hepatotoxicity *:
- < 1 month: 15.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 74.36 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.56 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid *:
- female: 49.34 %
- male: 50.66 %
Age of people who have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid *:
- 0-1: 3.23 %
- 2-9: 4.15 %
- 10-19: 5.53 %
- 20-29: 11.06 %
- 30-39: 15.67 %
- 40-49: 11.06 %
- 50-59: 17.97 %
- 60+: 31.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (35 people, 14.46%)
- Preventive Health Care (15 people, 6.20%)
- Disseminated Tuberculosis (9 people, 3.72%)
- Tuberculin Test Positive (6 people, 2.48%)
- Kidney Transplant (6 people, 2.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide (63 people, 26.03%)
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride (32 people, 13.22%)
- Rifampin (26 people, 10.74%)
- Lamivudine (17 people, 7.02%)
- Cotrim (16 people, 6.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Jaundice - Yellow Skin (63 people, 26.03%)
- Hepatic Failure (56 people, 23.14%)
- Liver Function Test Abnormal (49 people, 20.25%)
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased (22 people, 9.09%)
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased (21 people, 8.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatotoxicity when taking Isoniazid?
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 10,771 users)
Hepatotoxicity (chemical-driven liver damage) has been reported by people with hiv infection, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care (latest reports from 10,251 Hepatotoxicity patients).