Home > Isoniazid > Type 2 diabetes mellitus > Isoniazid and Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Review: could Isoniazid cause Type 2 diabetes mellitus (Type 2 diabetes)?
We study 7,417 people who have side effects while taking Isoniazid from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Type 2 diabetes mellitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Isoniazid and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus >>>
Isoniazid (latest outcomes from 7,570 users) has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 220,851 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 7,417 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid. Among them, 6 people (0.08%) have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Isoniazid when people have Type 2 diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Isoniazid * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Isoniazid * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||16.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Isoniazid ** :
How people recovered from Type 2 diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (3 people, 50.00%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Gastritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (4 people, 66.67%)
- Haldol (3 people, 50.00%)
- Zyprexa (3 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Thorazine (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus while taking Isoniazid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Isoniazid and have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Isoniazid
- support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Isoniazid, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Isoniazid and deafness
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
More reviews for: Isoniazid, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
On eHealthMe, Isoniazid (isoniazid) is often used for tuberculosis. Find out below the conditions Isoniazid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Isoniazid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Isoniazid, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Recent Isoniazid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Isoniazid, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (4 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (4 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (27 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Menses Delayed
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide