Home > Isosorbide mononitrate > Alopecia > Isosorbide mononitrate and Alopecia
Review: could Isosorbide mononitrate cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
Summary: Alopecia is found among people who take Isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Sepsis.
We study 10,350 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide mononitrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Alopecia >>>
Isosorbide mononitrate (latest outcomes from 10,474 users) has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. It is often used in angina.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 229,504 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 10,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide mononitrate. Among them, 33 people (0.32%) have Alopecia.
Time on Isosorbide mononitrate when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate ** :
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sepsis (7 people, 21.21%)
- Ill-defined disorder (7 people, 21.21%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 12.12%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging abdominal (3 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 6.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (15 people, 45.45%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 39.39%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 24.24%)
- Insulin (8 people, 24.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Is it ok to take organic raw leaf power with blood pressure meds
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Angina - Stable, High Blood Pressure, and takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am taking moringa oleifera raw leaf power with my blood pressure meds is it ok for this drug interaction
- Being on citalopram if i took an isosorbide mononitrate in error, not having any cardiac problem, how will it affect me?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has None At Present, and takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Citalopram Hydrobromide)
Just need to know if a person has no heart complaint and took the medication by error what would be the effects if any.
More questions for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Hair Loss, Depression, and takes Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate)
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Alopecia
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: What can be used as a substitute for this drug. What can be taken to make the hair stop from falling out?
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: my hair is falling out at an alarming rate and I believe it is down to the zopiclone
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Was taking Pacerone since 3/14 and was having hair loss so Dr. switched me to Sotalol 11/14. I am hoping for the hair loss to get better.
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
More related studies for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Alopecia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.