Review: could Isosorbide mononitrate cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
Summary: Alopecia is found among people who take Isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Sepsis.
We study 10,356 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide mononitrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Alopecia >>>
Isosorbide mononitrate has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. It is often used in angina. (latest outcomes from 10,479 Isosorbide mononitrate users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Alopecia patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 10,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide mononitrate. Among them, 33 people (0.32%) have Alopecia.
Time on Isosorbide mononitrate when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Isosorbide mononitrate ** :
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sepsis (7 people, 21.21%)
- Ill-defined disorder (7 people, 21.21%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 12.12%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging abdominal (3 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 6.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (15 people, 45.45%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 39.39%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 24.24%)
- Insulin (8 people, 24.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of LARIAM for a 68-year old woman with Malaria. The patient has Asthenia (weakness), Scar Revision (when the skin is injured from a cut or tears the body heals by forming scar tissue), Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Isosorbide mononitrate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 67-year old man who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Bumetanide, Verapamil Hcl, Imdur, Micardis, Tradjenta for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa for a 70-year old woman who has Angina
- Comparions of Bisoprolol Fumarate, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 74-year old woman who has Variant Angina
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Plavix, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Colchicine for a 78-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.