Home > Isosorbide mononitrate > Muscle spasms > Isosorbide mononitrate and Muscle spasms
Review: could Isosorbide mononitrate cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 10,350 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide mononitrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Muscle spasms >>>
Isosorbide mononitrate (latest outcomes from 10,474 users) has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. It is often used in angina.
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) (latest reports from 350,406 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 10,348 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide mononitrate. Among them, 79 people (0.76%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Isosorbide mononitrate when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||23.08%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||30.77%||30.77%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Muscle spasms||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.37%||1.37%||8.22%||23.29%||65.75% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 11.39%)
- Cardiac disorder (8 people, 10.13%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 10.13%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 8.86%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 7.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 50.63%)
- Ramipril (21 people, 26.58%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 25.32%)
- Atenolol (19 people, 24.05%)
- Omeprazole (17 people, 21.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take organic raw leaf power with blood pressure meds
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Angina - Stable, High Blood Pressure, and takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am taking moringa oleifera raw leaf power with my blood pressure meds is it ok for this drug interaction
- Being on citalopram if i took an isosorbide mononitrate in error, not having any cardiac problem, how will it affect me?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has None At Present, and takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Citalopram Hydrobromide)
Just need to know if a person has no heart complaint and took the medication by error what would be the effects if any.
- I have been taking 20 mg of prednisone for 5 days. i just starting coughing up bright red blood. i am 81 years old and have non small cell lung cancer. can this drug cause bleeding?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Coughing Up Blood Afterctaking 5 Days Worth Of 20 Mg Prednisone, and takes Prednisone, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lipitor, Plavix, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Celexa, Folic Acid, Synthroid, Spiriva, Symbicort, Tylenol, Clonazepam, Centrum Silver)
I have had lung cancer for 6 years. I am on oxygen. My breathing is getting gradually worse: however I just got prescribed 20 prednisone. I took 3 20 mg tablets the first three days, the next two days just one 20 mg a day. Them that night after the 5 days on the 20 mg I starting coughing up brig ...
- Could statins have caused my type ii diabetes
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, Angina, and takes Ranexa, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Vytorin, Metoprolol Succinate, Micardis, Nexium, Aspirin, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride)
Was on Zocor from 1998 after my heart attack and 1 stent to 2005 than switched to Vytorin in 2005 after 2 stents,and have been on Vytorin to present. Was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2011.
- How do i treat headaches caused by metoprolol?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Arrhythmia, Headache, Depression, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Wellbutrin Sr)
I had chest pain with accompanying jaw pain 5 days and after a stress test (diagnosis: borderline) and calcium test (showed build at LAD) the dr put me on metoprolol and isosorbide. Now I have a headache. Will this go away? The heart palps seem to be under control and greatly reduced but the headac ...
More questions for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
More reviews for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Ambien, Fioricet W/ Codeine, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Onglyza, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Benicar Hct, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Complicated Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vitamin D Abnormal, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension. The patient has Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Depression Aggravated, Aggression Aggravated, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Recently Dxd w/ toxic multinodular goiter/hyperthyroidism. Fibromyalgia for 20+ years. Had to titrate off Savella 100 mg. BID due to hyperthyroidism. Now all above symptoms have worsened. Because thyroid blood work was in normal range ( although I had been on low iodine diet for 2 months, which shou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Potassium - Low, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: I am concern about the interactions of all these meds. It appears that his pressure is now way to low 90/40 and he has frequent urination and the shakes. I think the combination of the Carvedilol and the Lisinopril are causing his pressure to go very low.
More related studies for: Isosorbide mononitrate, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.