Review: could Isosorbide mononitrate cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 10,354 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide mononitrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Muscle spasms >>>
Isosorbide mononitrate has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. It is often used in angina. (latest outcomes from 10,479 Isosorbide mononitrate users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,957 Muscle spasms patients)
On Jan, 29, 2015: 10,354 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide mononitrate. Among them, 79 people (0.76%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Isosorbide mononitrate when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||23.08%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||30.77%||30.77%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Muscle spasms||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.37%||1.37%||8.22%||23.29%||65.75% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Isosorbide mononitrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 11.39%)
- Cardiac disorder (8 people, 10.13%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 10.13%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 8.86%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 7.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 50.63%)
- Ramipril (21 people, 26.58%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 25.32%)
- Atenolol (19 people, 24.05%)
- Omeprazole (17 people, 21.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xifaxan for a 37-year old woman with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of side effects of Acetaminophen, Caffeine, And Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate for a 56-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction), Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 73-year old man with Angina. The patient has Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble)
- A study of side effects of Robaxin-750 for a 41-year old woman with Foot Spasms. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Spiriva, Nexium, Crestor, Aspirin for a 56-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Copd, Gerd, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Chills, Constipation, Stomach Pain, Muscle Spasms
Recent Isosorbide mononitrate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Bumetanide, Verapamil Hcl, Imdur, Micardis, Tradjenta for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa for a 70-year old woman who has Angina
- Comparions of Bisoprolol Fumarate, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 74-year old woman who has Variant Angina
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Plavix, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Colchicine for a 78-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Acute
- Comparions of Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Imdur, Amlodipine Besylate for a 65-year old woman who has Vasospasm
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.