Review: could Isosorbide mononitrate cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Obesity.
We study 10,356 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide mononitrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 167 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Weight gain >>>
Isosorbide mononitrate has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. It is often used in angina. (latest outcomes from 10,479 Isosorbide mononitrate users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 10,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide mononitrate. Among them, 167 people (1.61%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Isosorbide mononitrate when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||44.44%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||33.33%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Weight gain||67.27%||32.73% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Isosorbide mononitrate * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||38.89%||15.97%||45.14% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Isosorbide mononitrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Obesity (48 people, 28.74%)
- Cardiac disorder (39 people, 23.35%)
- Muscle spasms (33 people, 19.76%)
- Bladder disorder (25 people, 14.97%)
- Urinary tract infection (24 people, 14.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (79 people, 47.31%)
- Aspirin (77 people, 46.11%)
- Atenolol (75 people, 44.91%)
- Omeprazole (66 people, 39.52%)
- Spironolactone (64 people, 38.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of isosorbide mononitrate and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Isosorbide Mononitrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Isosorbide mononitrate
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Bricanyl, Ventolin for a 51-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 50-year old woman with PMS. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Recent Isosorbide mononitrate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 67-year old man who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Bumetanide, Verapamil Hcl, Imdur, Micardis, Tradjenta for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa for a 70-year old woman who has Angina
- Comparions of Bisoprolol Fumarate, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 74-year old woman who has Variant Angina
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Plavix, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Colchicine for a 78-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.