Review: could Janumet cause Blood triglycerides increased (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Blood triglycerides increased is found among people who take Janumet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Crestor, and have Diabetes.
We study 3,187 people who have side effects while taking Janumet from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Blood triglycerides increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood triglycerides increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Janumet and have Blood triglycerides increased >>>
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 3,401 Janumet users)
Blood triglycerides increased
Blood triglycerides increased has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 171,933 Blood triglycerides increased patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 3,187 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet. Among them, 37 people (1.16%) have Blood Triglycerides Increased.
Time on Janumet when people have Blood triglycerides increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood triglycerides increased||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Janumet * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||57.89%||42.11% |
Age of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Janumet * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||6.90%||34.48%||55.17% |
Severity of Blood triglycerides increased when taking Janumet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood triglycerides increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 37.84%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 29.73%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 24.32%)
- Fibromyalgia (6 people, 16.22%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 13.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (11 people, 29.73%)
- Simvastatin (8 people, 21.62%)
- Lyrica (8 people, 21.62%)
- Januvia (8 people, 21.62%)
- Allopurinol (7 people, 18.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Triglycerides Increased while taking Janumet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Janumet and have Blood Triglycerides Increased
- support group for people who take Janumet
- support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a 65-year old man with Stomach Discomfort. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 62-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Painful Urination
Recent Janumet related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Janumet for a 51-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Janumet, Amaryl for a 38-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Janumet, Glipizide, Januvia for a 61-year old woman who has Metformin
- Comparions of Janumet, Januvia, Actoplus Met for a 49-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Alli, Janumet for a 48-year old woman who has Diabetes And Obesity
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.