Review: could Janumet cause Headaches (Headache)?
Summary: Headaches is found among people who take Janumet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Glyburide, and have Diabetes.
We study 3,189 people who have side effects while taking Janumet from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Janumet and have Headaches >>>
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 3,404 Janumet users)
Headaches (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 168,958 Headaches patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 3,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet. Among them, 86 people (2.70%) have Headaches.
Time on Janumet when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Janumet * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Janumet * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Janumet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (30 people, 34.88%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (25 people, 29.07%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 18.60%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 12.79%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glyburide (15 people, 17.44%)
- Nexium (13 people, 15.12%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 13.95%)
- Metformin (12 people, 13.95%)
- Ramipril (11 people, 12.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Janumet?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Janumet and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Janumet
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 55-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 35-year old woman with Vertigo. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Janumet related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Janumet for a 51-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Janumet, Amaryl for a 38-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Janumet, Glipizide, Januvia for a 61-year old woman who has Metformin
- Comparions of Janumet, Januvia, Actoplus Met for a 49-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Alli, Janumet for a 48-year old woman who has Diabetes And Obesity
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.