Review: could Janumet cause Hypomania?
Summary: Hypomania is reported only by a few people who take Janumet.
We study 3,179 people who have side effects while taking Janumet from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypomania and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Janumet and have Hypomania >>>
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Janumet 3,391 users)
Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, parkinson's disease, insomnia.(latest reports from Hypomania 1,831 patients)
On Dec, 20, 2014: 3,179 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet. Among them, 1 people (0.03%) has Hypomania.
Time on Janumet when people have Hypomania * :
Gender of people who have Hypomania when taking Janumet * :
Age of people who have Hypomania when taking Janumet * :
Severity of Hypomania when taking Janumet ** :
How people recovered from Hypomania ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Metformin hcl (1 people, 100.00%)
- Amlodipine besylate and olmesartan medoxomil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fenofibrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Risperidone (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypomania while taking Janumet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Janumet and have Hypomania
- support group for people who take Janumet
- support group for people who have Hypomania
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, and takes Janumet)
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Is janumet gives side effects for piles
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Small Boil It Gives Pain When I Take Janumet, Toungue Swelling, Lose Motion And Ommitting Sensation, and takes Janumet, Sitagliptin Phosphate)
Will you please suggest better medicine which has no side effects for Diabetic
- What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Increase In CgA Level, and takes Alprazolam, Tricor, Norvasc, HCTZ, Avapro, Lisinopril, Desmopressin Acetate, Janumet)
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- I have diabetes2, first my doctor prescribed metformin xr and diarrhea and cramping was the effect, so he changed the medication to janumet and still the same effect,what else is available?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Janumet)
I just want to know what diabetic drug does not give the awful side effects of stomach problems and diarrhea. Janumet is easy to take as I only take one in the morning but goodness knows what will happen if my prescription is upped.I wont leave the house...Does anyone have an answer?
- Vertigo caused by withdrawal of janumet use
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Vertigo, and takes Janumet)
Experiencing vertigo3 weeks after stopping Janumet.
More questions for: Janumet, Hypomania
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
More reviews for: Janumet, Hypomania
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Furosemide, Amlodipine Besylate, Vytorin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xarelto, Janumet, Glipizide for a patient with Diatery Supplement, Water Elimation, Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Increased Activity In Atril Fibrulstion
Comments: After having Echo Cardiogram and 24 Hour Halter Heart Moniter have now had Nuclear Stress Test and Blood Work and will see my Cardiologist who has been treating me for Hypertension, on Oct 31st for follow-up on Atrial Fib. I have recently read an recent study concerning adverse effect of Glipizide ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Flomax, Dexilant, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Janumet, Glyburide for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Rapid Pulse, Urinary Retention, Acid Reflux, Peripheral Neuropathy Nos. The patient has Blood Thinner
Comments: In the last week my blood began appearing to have thinned significantly. When I test my Blood sugar my blood generally creates a small drop on my skin. In the last week it now appears to run or puddle.
The bleeding however still appears to stop quickly which makes me believe that clotting remai ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypomania
Comments: I have had hypomanic episodes before, as well as severe depression episodes, I had not had a hypomanic episode in about 4 months and after starting the Seroquel (50mg at night) I started getting very very irritable. Now, almost two weeks later, I've been in what feels like a pretty severe episode of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Janumet for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Diabetes. The patient has
Comments: Besides myotonic dystrophy I have been diagnosed with fibro myalgia; osteo arthritis; gout; depression; and others.... Lyrica & the other common treatments for Fibro Myalgia made the muscle pain and weakness much worse. Codeine helped a little but Oxycontin literally gave me my life back. I thank
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restlessness, Hypomania, Stomach Pain, Extreme Sleepiness/ Groggy Feeling, Appetite Increased
Comments: Wakes at 1 or 3am. Night wetting and using restroom when not actually in restroom (on floor of bedroom). Eating excessively throughout day and night. Achy muscles, sexual dysfunction (unable to achieve orgasm or ejaculation.
More related studies for: Janumet, Hypomania
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.