Review: could Janumet cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Janumet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 3,187 people who have side effects while taking Janumet from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Janumet and have Muscle pain >>>
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 3,401 Janumet users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle pain patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 3,187 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet. Among them, 39 people (1.22%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Janumet when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||28.57%||14.29%||21.43%||28.57%||0.00%||7.14%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Janumet * :
|Muscle pain||67.50%||32.50% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Janumet * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.23%||3.23%||45.16%||48.39% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Janumet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (19 people, 48.72%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (10 people, 25.64%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 20.51%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 12.82%)
- Psoriasis (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (14 people, 35.90%)
- Amlodipine (6 people, 15.38%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 15.38%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 15.38%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of janumet and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Janumet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Janumet and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Janumet
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
Recent Janumet related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Janumet for a 51-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Janumet, Amaryl for a 38-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Janumet, Glipizide, Januvia for a 61-year old woman who has Metformin
- Comparions of Janumet, Januvia, Actoplus Met for a 49-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Alli, Janumet for a 48-year old woman who has Diabetes And Obesity
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.