Home > Januvia > Colon cancer > Januvia and Colon cancer
Review: could Januvia cause Colon cancer?
Summary: Colon cancer is found among people who take Januvia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zocor, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 19,152 people who have side effects while taking Januvia from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Colon cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Colon cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Januvia and have Colon cancer >>>
Januvia (latest outcomes from 19,550 users) has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Colon cancer (latest reports from 41,912 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, preventive health care.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 19,152 people reported to have side effects when taking Januvia. Among them, 15 people (0.08%) have Colon Cancer.
Time on Januvia when people have Colon cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colon cancer||0.00%||37.50%||25.00%||37.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colon cancer when taking Januvia * :
|Colon cancer||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Colon cancer when taking Januvia * :
|Colon cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Severity of Colon cancer when taking Januvia ** :
How people recovered from Colon cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 80.00%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 46.67%)
- Dyslipidaemia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 20.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (6 people, 40.00%)
- Metformin pamoate (5 people, 33.33%)
- Eprosartan mesylate (5 people, 33.33%)
- Janumet (5 people, 33.33%)
- Metformin (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colon Cancer while taking Januvia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Januvia and have Colon Cancer
- support group for people who take Januvia
- support group for people who have Colon Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Weight Gain, and takes Metformin, Januvia , Humulin 70/30 Pen)
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Is janumet gives side effects for piles
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Small Boil It Gives Pain When I Take Janumet, Toungue Swelling, Lose Motion And Ommitting Sensation, and takes Janumet, Sitagliptin Phosphate)
Will you please suggest better medicine which has no side effects for Diabetic
- Can ileus be caused by shingles
(Asked by a 96 year old woman who has Postherpetic Neuralgia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Gabapentin, Clonidine Hydrochloride, Januvia, Temazepam)
CT scan shows possible mild ileus and impending fecal impaction. I have terrible intestinal pain and bloating and very little appetite. I got shingles 3 years ago and now have PHN in the side areas where the rash was but its less painful. However, it seems to me that the bowel pain began around the ...
- Can being hiv positive and diabetic cause false postive drug screens for amphetamines and thc?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Hiv Antibody Positive, and takes Isentress, Truvada, Januvia, Glucotrol, Oxycodone, Fentanyl-25, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Tylenol, Chlor-trimeton, Omeprazole Magnesium, Lonox, Imodium A-d)
I am constantly throwing positive drug tests for Marijuana and Amphetamines. My pain management doctor is the only one that has told me of this. I am wondering if my medical conditions or medications could cause false positives. I have not done either of those drugs since I was 20 and I will be 50 t ...
More questions for: Januvia, Colon cancer
More reviews for: Januvia, Colon cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Blodd Suger. The patient has Loss Of Hair
Comments: I had pneumonia and influenza a and b back in March 2014. In April I started losing large amounts of hair, in chunks. At this time in September 2014 I am still losing large amounts. I was diagnosed with high blood sugars since then, doctors are not sure if it's from being sick or from my PCOS(dia ...
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: I have been experiencing jaw pain on the right side of my face, including the cheekbone area, and chest pain directly between my breasts in the sternum area. This chest pain goes through to my back. This started when I began taking Januvia for my Type 2 Diabetes about a month ago - my dosage is only ...
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has High Calcium & High Pth Lab Readings
Comments: my mom also had a history of a villous adenoma removed from her stomach and then needed a feeding tube after surgical resection. I have an adenoma on my adrenal gland that is now 2.1 centimeters, right side. I will have labs to see if it is producing hormones, and now I may have one or more adenomas ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Thiamine, CoQ10, Adderall, Januvia, Metformin for a patient with Malabsorption, Thiamine Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Add, Diabetes. The patient has Basophil % Slightly Elevated (2+ Years), Albumin Globulin Ratio Abnormal, Bun Higher Than Normal (23), Muscle Cramps, Neuropathy Peripheral, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
Comments: I eat a low carb, high protein, high fat diet to help control diabetes. Fasting Insulin levels are at the very bottom of the normal range. I exercise a lot, average 2+ hours a day riding a bicycle at 16-18 mph, plus occasional running and swimming.
More related studies for: Januvia, Colon cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.