Review: could Januvia cause Colon cancer?
Summary: Colon cancer is found among people who take Januvia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zocor, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 19,169 people who have side effects while taking Januvia from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Colon cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Colon cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Januvia and have Colon cancer >>>
Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 19,569 Januvia users)
Colon cancer has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, preventive health care. (latest reports from 20,071 Colon cancer patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 19,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Januvia. Among them, 15 people (0.08%) have Colon Cancer.
Time on Januvia when people have Colon cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colon cancer||0.00%||37.50%||25.00%||37.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colon cancer when taking Januvia * :
|Colon cancer||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Colon cancer when taking Januvia * :
|Colon cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||85.71% |
Severity of Colon cancer when taking Januvia ** :
How people recovered from Colon cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 80.00%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 46.67%)
- Dyslipidaemia (5 people, 33.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 20.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (6 people, 40.00%)
- Metformin pamoate (5 people, 33.33%)
- Eprosartan mesylate (5 people, 33.33%)
- Janumet (5 people, 33.33%)
- Metformin (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colon Cancer while taking Januvia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Januvia and have Colon Cancer
- support group for people who take Januvia
- support group for people who have Colon Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a 64-year old man with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Pulmicort, Metformin, Aspirin, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Irbesartan, Januvia for a 51-year old woman with Hay Fever, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Abnormal Clotting Factor, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a 62-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Feeling Cold, Sleepy, Muscle Cramp, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Januvia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glyburide for a 60-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Onglyza, Januvia for a 70-year old man who has Richard
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.