Review: could Januvia cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Januvia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Glipizide, and have Diabetes.
We study 19,169 people who have side effects while taking Januvia from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Januvia and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 19,569 Januvia users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 19,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Januvia. Among them, 71 people (0.37%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Januvia when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||7.69%||46.15%||23.08%||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Januvia * :
|Erectile dysfunction||1.35%||98.65% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Januvia * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.08%||18.75%||39.58%||39.58% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Januvia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||50.00%||35.71%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (13 people, 18.31%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 16.90%)
- Bone disorder (12 people, 16.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 12.68%)
- Erectile dysfunction (7 people, 9.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glipizide (26 people, 36.62%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 33.80%)
- Toprol-xl (23 people, 32.39%)
- Coreg (21 people, 29.58%)
- Neurontin (20 people, 28.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of januvia and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Januvia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Januvia and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Januvia
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a 64-year old man with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Fish Oil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Fenofibrate for a 44-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Januvia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glyburide for a 60-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Onglyza, Januvia for a 70-year old man who has Richard
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.