Review: could Keflex cause Abdominal pain upper?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Keflex, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 5,488 people who have side effects while taking Keflex from FDA and social media. Among them, 249 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain upper and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keflex and have Abdominal pain upper >>>
Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 5,989 users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Abdominal pain upper 62,426 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 5,488 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex. Among them, 249 people (4.54%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Time on Keflex when people have Abdominal pain upper * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain upper||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Keflex * :
|Abdominal pain upper||67.24%||32.76% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Keflex * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||11.46%||8.85%||29.17%||19.79%||27.60% |
Severity of Abdominal pain upper when taking Keflex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain upper ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (24 people, 9.64%)
- Multiple myeloma (22 people, 8.84%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (21 people, 8.43%)
- Sinusitis (19 people, 7.63%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 7.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (96 people, 38.55%)
- Prilosec (72 people, 28.92%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 27.71%)
- Protonix (61 people, 24.50%)
- Ambien (58 people, 23.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain Upper while taking Keflex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keflex and have Abdominal Pain Upper
- support group for people who take Keflex
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
(Asked by a 12 year old girl who has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Ecthyma, and takes Cephalexin, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Prednisone)
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
More questions for: Keflex, Abdominal pain upper
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Keflex, Abdominal pain upper
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: I was reading information about methadone (i just started 1 wk.ago) and i came acrossa paralytic ileus. Some of the symptoms are constipation, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting. Which i experience all 4. I have a bowel movement once maybe every 2 wks. Its extremely painful. Its not normal in ...
- A study of side effects of Navelbine for a patient with Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of The Cervix. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: Had two treatments of Navelbine. Four days after 1st treatment, started having abdominal pain. It continued through my second treatment and now has moved to the upper left quadrant and is very uncomfortable. Feels like I can't draw a full breath on the left side, like something is catching.
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Uti - Associated With A Catheter. The patient has Leaking Around Catheter Spontaneously Shortly After Beginning Keflex
Comments: I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Pain - Back, Vision Blurred, Abdominal Pain Upper, Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)
Comments: I have been taking large amounts of benadryl almost daily for the last two years. These last 6 months I have noticed weird and painful/scary symptoms after taking my dose (yellow skin,reversed vision; i am normally nearsighted but after taking a dose I become farsighted or completely blurred.lower b ...
More related studies for: Keflex, Abdominal pain upper
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.