Home > Keflex > Mouth ulceration > Keflex and Mouth ulceration
Review: could Keflex cause Mouth ulceration (Mouth ulcers)?
We study 5,488 people who have side effects while taking Keflex from FDA and social media. Among them, 157 have Mouth ulceration. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulceration and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keflex and have Mouth ulceration >>>
Keflex (latest outcomes from 5,986 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Mouth ulceration (mouth ulcers) (latest reports from 71,058 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 5,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex. Among them, 157 people (2.86%) have Mouth Ulceration.
Time on Keflex when people have Mouth ulceration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulceration||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex * :
|Mouth ulceration||76.43%||23.57% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex * :
|Mouth ulceration||0.00%||0.71%||1.43%||5.00%||2.86%||11.43%||60.00%||18.57% |
Severity of Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulceration||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulceration ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mouth ulceration||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 27.39%)
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 19.75%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (24 people, 15.29%)
- Breast cancer (21 people, 13.38%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 10.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (109 people, 69.43%)
- Aredia (101 people, 64.33%)
- Protonix (78 people, 49.68%)
- Nexium (77 people, 49.04%)
- Clindamycin (73 people, 46.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulceration while taking Keflex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keflex and have Mouth Ulceration
- support group for people who take Keflex
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulceration
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
since taking the zicam i have had a sore mouth
From this study (1 week ago):
swollen hand, open and scabbed sores on legs. smaller red dots all over top and bottom of legs,pain,swollen legs and feet, itching.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
this happened today in the morning after my first 2 days of taking this drug & eating & sucking on the tablet
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
More questions for: Keflex, Mouth ulceration
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects ...
More reviews for: Keflex, Mouth ulceration
On eHealthMe, Keflex (cephalexin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Keflex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Keflex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (59 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Indocin Sr
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning
- Heart Rate Increased