Keflex and Mouth ulceration - from FDA reports
Mouth ulceration is found among people who take Keflex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Mouth ulceration with Keflex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,658 people who have side effects when taking Keflex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
8,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Keflex.
Among them, 164 people (1.89%) have Mouth ulceration
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex *:
- female: 73.17 %
- male: 26.83 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.37 %
- 20-29: 4.79 %
- 30-39: 2.74 %
- 40-49: 11.64 %
- 50-59: 56.85 %
- 60+: 22.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (49 people, 29.88%)
- Osteoporosis (33 people, 20.12%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (24 people, 14.63%)
- Breast Cancer (24 people, 14.63%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (18 people, 10.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (119 people, 72.56%)
- Aredia (110 people, 67.07%)
- Protonix (79 people, 48.17%)
- Nexium (76 people, 46.34%)
- Neurontin (75 people, 45.73%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (110 people, 67.07%)
- Pain In Jaw (107 people, 65.24%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (107 people, 65.24%)
- Pain (97 people, 59.15%)
- Anaemia (97 people, 59.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mouth ulceration when taking Keflex?
- Check symptoms - is mouth ulceration caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMouth ulceration and drugs with ingredients of cephalexin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMouth ulceration and Keflex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 9,501 users)
Mouth ulceration (mouth ulcers) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 14,731 Mouth ulceration patients).
Browse all side effects of Keflexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
Could your condition cause Mouth ulcerationMouth ulceration
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Has anyone that has been taking Zantac or the generic form of Zantac suffer from mouth ulcers or canker sores. I an almost constantly suffering from these and sometimes more than one at a time. I have changed my toothpaste and started taking Vitamin b-12 supplements to help but I still have ...
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Gabapentin for a few months now and I'm starting to have effects. Hands swollen and painful. Sores in my mouth. Blood blister on roof of my mouth. Sore throat as well. Dr today again. Ty. J
Been taking Arimidex for 2 years with no problems, however for the last three months mouth ulcers are persistent. I've stopped taking it for a week and the ulcers disappeared. Once I resume my daily dosage the ulcers return. What can I do?
Hi, I've been on effexor 75mg for a couple months and have had painful mouth sores ever since. I find it works well for anxiety but my tongue is in so much pain that I'm at a loss whether I wanna continue taking it. Does anyone else suffer from this problem as well?
I have been suffering with extreme mouth ulcers for 9 months. I am on Metformin 500mgm twice daily. I have seen several specialists, had a biopsy with negitive results and many blood tests. I have repeatedly asked the doctors if my medication could be the cause and always got no for an ...