Review: could Kenalog cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Myalgia is found among people who take Kenalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Allegra, and have Oral infection.
We study 3,361 people who have side effects while taking Kenalog from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Myalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Myalgia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Kenalog and have Myalgia >>>
Kenalog has active ingredients of triamcinolone acetonide. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Kenalog 3,423 users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Myalgia 73,413 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 3,361 people reported to have side effects when taking Kenalog. Among them, 70 people (2.08%) have Myalgia.
Time on Kenalog when people have Myalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Kenalog * :
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Kenalog * :
Severity of Myalgia when taking Kenalog ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myalgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Oral infection (15 people, 21.43%)
- Pain (15 people, 21.43%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 21.43%)
- Acne (8 people, 11.43%)
- Depression (7 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allegra (34 people, 48.57%)
- Albuterol (26 people, 37.14%)
- Coumadin (23 people, 32.86%)
- Potassium chloride (23 people, 32.86%)
- Vioxx (22 people, 31.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myalgia while taking Kenalog?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Kenalog and have Myalgia
- support group for people who take Kenalog
- support group for people who have Myalgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could use of crystal methamphetamine cause ezeama, and if so, whould it all go away if meth use ended.se
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Ezema On Bottom Of My Feet, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Triamcinolone Acetonide)
Blisters on bottom of my feet and top of my toes. And it itches so much that I could scratch my feet and it would feel so good until I bleed. About a week or so later,my feet will get so dry and cracked, some times I can hardly walk or even put my shoes on, because the pain.
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Can a intercrainial injection for neck pain cause a patient with no history of hypertension to have a massive stroke with brain bleed(hemmorage)
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Stroke - Hemorrhagic, and takes Kenalog)
I was 55 at the time. I had an intercrainial kenalog injection for neck pain this was the last of a series of 3 felt anxious that eve did not think anything really wrong. still felt strange the next day called my doctor advised his staff that I felt funny she said he was not in call back I said no ...
- People with statin drug damage (3 answers)
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Nerve Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Pain, and takes Simvastatin, Pravastatin Sodium, Crestor)
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- Should i take robaxin if i'm allergic to penicillin
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, and takes Robaxin)
I was prescribed Robaxin for muscle pain. But I'm allergic to Penicillin and I want to make sure I would not have any side effects.
More questions for: Kenalog, Myalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Kenalog injection nightmare! (1 response)
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Weird Throat Blockage Within 2 Weeks, Large Dent In Injection Site, and takes Kenalog)
First weird symptom started with a mild sore throat that turned into swollen throat that felt like I had an obstructed airway.
Then about 2 weeks after that I had a period that lasted on and off extremely heavy for 3 weeks
Then I noticed a large indent on top of my right butt cheek
Shortly after ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
(Posted by a 31 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Kenalog)
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
More reviews for: Kenalog, Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Omeprazole Magnesium, Vyvanse for a patient with Aches - Leg, Reflux Gastritis, Add. The patient has Belly Ache, Muscle Aches
Comments: started vyvasnse last spring, started to get bizarre body aches and burning in ribs and back. All blood work comes back ok. I took myself off vyvanse in beginning for two weeks with no improvement so i went back on....
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Pristiq, Synthroid, Cytomel for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Essential Tremor, Md, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Uneasiness, Muscle Pain, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Kenalog, Myalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.