Review: could Keppra cause Anticonvulsant drug level increased?
Summary: Anticonvulsant drug level increased is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic acid, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,913 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Anticonvulsant drug level increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Anticonvulsant drug level increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Keppra and have Anticonvulsant drug level increased >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 21,256 Keppra users)
Anticonvulsant drug level increased
Anticonvulsant drug level increased has been reported by people with convulsion, epilepsy, grand mal convulsion, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 1,132 Anticonvulsant drug level increased patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 19,913 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 88 people (0.44%) have Anticonvulsant Drug Level Increased.
Time on Keppra when people have Anticonvulsant drug level increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anticonvulsant drug level increased||53.85%||23.08%||3.85%||19.23%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anticonvulsant drug level increased when taking Keppra * :
|Anticonvulsant drug level increased||75.74%||24.26% |
Age of people who have Anticonvulsant drug level increased when taking Keppra * :
|Anticonvulsant drug level increased||0.00%||5.22%||10.43%||8.70%||27.83%||11.30%||19.13%||17.39% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (63 people, 71.59%)
- Vitamin supplementation (31 people, 35.23%)
- Convulsion (31 people, 35.23%)
- Pregnancy (31 people, 35.23%)
- Glioblastoma (4 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (36 people, 40.91%)
- Keppra xr (32 people, 36.36%)
- Multi-vitamins (32 people, 36.36%)
- Dilantin (26 people, 29.55%)
- Tegretol (18 people, 20.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of keppra and anticonvulsant drug level increased on
Do you have Anticonvulsant Drug Level Increased while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Anticonvulsant Drug Level Increased
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Anticonvulsant Drug Level Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 40-year old woman with Epilepsy. The patient has Vasculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Lysine, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Fish Oil, Garlic, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Lipitor, Ambien, Celexa, Keppra for a 65-year old man with General Physical Condition, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleepy, Depression, Seizures. The patient has Seizure - Generalized
Recent Keppra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.