Review: could Keppra cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,870 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Back pain >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 21,210 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(view latest reports from 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 19,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 266 people (1.34%) have Back Pain.
Time on Keppra when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||52.38%||23.81%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||9.52%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Keppra * :
|Back pain||77.32%||22.68% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Keppra * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||3.19%||4.78%||17.13%||19.52%||26.69%||28.69% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (59 people, 22.18%)
- Multiple sclerosis (30 people, 11.28%)
- Convulsion (27 people, 10.15%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 8.27%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 6.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (48 people, 18.05%)
- Lasix (44 people, 16.54%)
- Zometa (42 people, 15.79%)
- Lisinopril (40 people, 15.04%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Keppra, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppra . chest pain went a way 2 days later .
switched to a new med . a month later no chest pain
I developed a allergy to Dilantin ten years ago and had chest pain. went away after stopping Dilantin
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some of the worst troubles have been TBI from birth. Epilepsy my entire life. Brain tumor ( surgery to remove it in 1982) Graves Disease. RA and most recently Lupus ( caused by the keppra)
More reviews for: Keppra, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- I was started on Keppra after being hospitalized for a blackout, eeg showed seizure peaks..3 mons. into the medicine I began having mouth facial neck pain and involuntary movements along with confusion...Dr. gave me IV Vimpat which madde it worse, was this a side effect to these medicines? for over ...
More related studies for: Keppra, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.