From FDA reports: Keppra and Dementia alzheimer's type
This is a study of Dementia alzheimer's type among people who take Keppra. The study analyzes: the time on Keppra when people have Dementia alzheimer's type, gender and age of these people, the severity of Dementia alzheimer's type, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Keppra. In total 17,926 Keppra users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is used in epilepsy, seizures, generalized tonic-clonic seizure, petit mal seizure, temporal lobe seizure. Commonly reported side effects of Keppra include convulsion, fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, dizziness.
Dementia alzheimer's type
Dementia alzheimer's type has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, diabetes.
On May, 25, 2013: 17,926 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 20 people (0.11%) have Dementia Alzheimer's Type.
Time on Keppra when people have Dementia alzheimer's type * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dementia alzheimer's type||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Keppra * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||80.77%||19.23% |
Age of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Keppra * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.00%||0.00%||88.00% |
Severity of Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Keppra ** :
How people recovered from Dementia alzheimer's type ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (17 people, 85.00%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (6 people, 30.00%)
- Epilepsy (3 people, 15.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 5.00%)
- Arthralgia (1 people, 5.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aricept (9 people, 45.00%)
- Depakote (6 people, 30.00%)
- Amaryl (6 people, 30.00%)
- Dilantin (5 people, 25.00%)
- Heparin (5 people, 25.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether dementia alzheimer's type is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Keppra is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Keppra used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Keppra side effects from A to Z:
Browse Keppra drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Levaquin for a 48-year old woman who has Infection (1 hour ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide for a 55-year old man who has Pain (2 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr, Strattera for a 40-year old woman who has Depression , ADD (2 hours ago)
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura (2 hours ago)
- Fenofibrate, Hyzaar, Estradiol, Topamax, Zoloft, Glucovance for a 50-year old woman who has Hypocholesterolaemia, Blood Pressure Management, Total Hysterectomy, Migraine Prophylaxis, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetes Mellitus Management (2 hours ago)
- Mirena for a 17-year old girl who has Contraception (2 hours ago)
- Multivitamin, Children's Zyrtec Allergy, Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Risperidone for a 6-year old boy who has General Health, Allergies, Asthma , Asthma, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (3 hours ago)
- Geodon for a 43-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (3 hours ago)
- Methadone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain (3 hours ago)
- Topamax for a 29-year old woman who has Migraine (3 hours ago)