Home > Keppra > Diplopia > Keppra and Diplopia
Review: could Keppra cause Diplopia?
Summary: Diplopia is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tegretol, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,870 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 174 have Diplopia. Find out below who they are, when they have Diplopia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Diplopia >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,204 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Diplopia (double vision) (latest reports from 12,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 19,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 174 people (0.88%) have Diplopia.
Time on Keppra when people have Diplopia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Diplopia when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diplopia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (62 people, 35.63%)
- Convulsion (48 people, 27.59%)
- Partial seizures (18 people, 10.34%)
- Pain (14 people, 8.05%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (37 people, 21.26%)
- Carbamazepine (31 people, 17.82%)
- Lamictal (26 people, 14.94%)
- Lyrica (25 people, 14.37%)
- Clonazepam (21 people, 12.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diplopia while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Diplopia
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Diplopia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is safe keppra for g6pd?
(Asked by a 4 year old girl who has G6pd, Cerebral Palsy, and takes Keppra)
my baby is 3 yrs old g6pd and cerebral palsy condition,, she suffering seizures
- Can rabied dog bite cause diplopia?
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Diplopia)
My dog was in conatct with a rabid dog. Though it did not bite him, he had open wounds which i suspect may have been cause of the virus moving into body. He got 3 vaccinations after that incident.
Now, a month and a half after that incident, he has developed diplopia. He suffers from High blood p ...
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
(Asked by a 88 year old man who has Epilepsy, and takes Cialis, Levetiracetam)
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Regarding pregnancy, does keppra present less side effects than depakote ? which one is more likely to avoid problems for the baby ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, and takes Keppra)
I have been on Keppra (2.000 mg a day) for 3 months now. Before, I took Depakote for almost 10 years. In both cases my epilepsy symptoms were controlled. I was advised to change (from Depakote to Keppra) by my Neurologist as I am planning to get pregnant in the coming months. I would like to confirm ...
More questions for: Keppra, Diplopia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Intractable Epilepsy, and takes Keppra Xr)
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Keppra, Diplopia
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Double Vision (double vision)
Comments: have incidents with double vision..
Has happened on more than one occasion the longest lasting 5 hours.
I had an AVM removed, afterward started haveing seizures and lamotragine was prescribed to help with seizures. I take 200mg twice a day.
- A study of side effects of Levetiracetam for a patient with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. The patient has Exchange Blood Transfusion
Comments: I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizures. The patient has During 4 Years Of Keppra Use I Have Virtually No Libido And Difficulty In Achieving An Erection
Comments: Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- A study of side effects of Keppra Xr for a patient with Seizures. The patient has Vimpat Iv
Comments: I was started on Keppra after being hospitalized for a blackout, eeg showed seizure peaks..3 mons. into the medicine I began having mouth facial neck pain and involuntary movements along with confusion...Dr. gave me IV Vimpat which madde it worse, was this a side effect to these medicines? for over ...
More related studies for: Keppra, Diplopia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Aspirin and Heart Rate
- Lower Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (5 hours ago)
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs t ... (11 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Amlodipine Besylate And Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone for a 40-year old woman who has Gout, Heart Attack, Lower Cholesterol, Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 minutes ago)
- Prozac, Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman who has Depression, ADHD (20 minutes ago)
- Pravastatin Sodium, Pantoprazole for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Triglycerides Abnormal (1 hour ago)