Keppra and Disseminated intravascular coagulation - from FDA reports
Disseminated intravascular coagulation is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Epilepsy . We study 34,747 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA. Among them, 47 have Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Find out below who they are, when they have Disseminated intravascular coagulation and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 37,187 users)
Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
Disseminated intravascular coagulation (systemic activation of blood coagulation) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care, high blood pressure, pain, insomnia (latest reports from 16,824 Disseminated intravascular coagulation patients).
On Feb, 27, 2017
34,747 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra.
Among them, 47 people (0.14%) have Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keppra when people have Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation *:
- < 1 month: 46.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation when taking Keppra *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation when taking Keppra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.5 %
- 10-19: 7.5 %
- 20-29: 20.0 %
- 30-39: 20.0 %
- 40-49: 5.0 %
- 50-59: 10.0 %
- 60+: 35.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (14 people, 29.79%)
- Preventive Health Care (8 people, 17.02%)
- Glioblastoma Multiforme (7 people, 14.89%)
- Depression (5 people, 10.64%)
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia (3 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal (11 people, 23.40%)
- Tegretol (9 people, 19.15%)
- Protonix (8 people, 17.02%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 12.77%)
- Depakene (6 people, 12.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (16 people, 34.04%)
- Status Epilepticus (11 people, 23.40%)
- Thrombocytopenia (10 people, 21.28%)
- Rhabdomyolysis (10 people, 21.28%)
- Septic Shock (9 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Disseminated intravascular coagulation when taking Keppra?
- Check symptoms - is disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Disseminated intravascular coagulationDisseminated intravascular coagulation
Could your condition cause Disseminated intravascular coagulationDisseminated intravascular coagulation
- Epilepsy and Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Preventive health care and Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Glioblastoma multiforme and Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Depression and Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Acute promyelocytic leukaemia and Disseminated intravascular coagulation
Can you answer these questions?
I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I am new to this forum. Call me G. I h@ave Fibro, epilepsy, chronic migraine, pending MS diagnosis. ..I take Keppra for an anti seizure, I beleive it is the cause of the pain (pancreatitis). It is miserable . Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
Hi. My son is 21 months has seizures and is taking Kepra. Recently, we had to try Miralax for constipation and can't help but to at least question, could Miralax be making his seizures more frequent and a lot worse? Does anyone have any info that could help us? Thanks