Review: could Keppra cause Double vision (Diplopia)?
Summary: Double vision is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tegretol, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,870 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 174 have Double vision. Find out below who they are, when they have Double vision and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Double vision >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 21,210 users)
Double vision (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Double vision 12,223 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 19,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 174 people (0.88%) have Double Vision.
Time on Keppra when people have Double vision * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Double vision||52.63%||31.58%||10.53%||5.26%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Double vision when taking Keppra * :
|Double vision||82.61%||17.39% |
Age of people who have Double vision when taking Keppra * :
|Double vision||0.00%||1.81%||3.61%||18.67%||20.48%||20.48%||24.10%||10.84% |
Severity of Double vision when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Double vision||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Double vision ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (62 people, 35.63%)
- Convulsion (48 people, 27.59%)
- Partial seizures (18 people, 10.34%)
- Pain (14 people, 8.05%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (37 people, 21.26%)
- Carbamazepine (31 people, 17.82%)
- Lamictal (26 people, 14.94%)
- Lyrica (25 people, 14.37%)
- Clonazepam (21 people, 12.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Double Vision while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Double Vision
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Double Vision
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Keppra, Double vision
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppra . chest pain went a way 2 days later .
switched to a new med . a month later no chest pain
I developed a allergy to Dilantin ten years ago and had chest pain. went away after stopping Dilantin
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some of the worst troubles have been TBI from birth. Epilepsy my entire life. Brain tumor ( surgery to remove it in 1982) Graves Disease. RA and most recently Lupus ( caused by the keppra)
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Keppra, Double vision
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- have incidents with double vision..
Has happened on more than one occasion the longest lasting 5 hours.
I had an AVM removed, afterward started haveing seizures and lamotragine was prescribed to help with seizures. I take 200mg twice a day.
- I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- I was started on Keppra after being hospitalized for a blackout, eeg showed seizure peaks..3 mons. into the medicine I began having mouth facial neck pain and involuntary movements along with confusion...Dr. gave me IV Vimpat which madde it worse, was this a side effect to these medicines? for over ...
More related studies for: Keppra, Double vision
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.