Review: could Keppra cause Double vision (Diplopia)?
Summary: Double vision is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tegretol, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,913 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 174 have Double vision. Find out below who they are, when they have Double vision and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Keppra and have Double vision >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 21,249 Keppra users)
Double vision (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 12,308 Double vision patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 19,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 174 people (0.87%) have Double Vision.
Time on Keppra when people have Double vision * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Double vision||52.63%||31.58%||10.53%||5.26%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Double vision when taking Keppra * :
|Double vision||82.61%||17.39% |
Age of people who have Double vision when taking Keppra * :
|Double vision||0.00%||1.81%||3.61%||18.67%||20.48%||20.48%||24.10%||10.84% |
Severity of Double vision when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Double vision||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Double vision ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (62 people, 35.63%)
- Convulsion (48 people, 27.59%)
- Partial seizures (18 people, 10.34%)
- Pain (14 people, 8.05%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (37 people, 21.26%)
- Carbamazepine (31 people, 17.82%)
- Lamictal (26 people, 14.94%)
- Lyrica (25 people, 14.37%)
- Clonazepam (21 people, 12.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of keppra and double vision on
Do you have Double Vision while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Double Vision
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Double Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 66-year old man with Heart Disease. The patient has Diplopia (double vision)
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 11-year old boy with Epilepsy. The patient has Dyslexia (disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols)
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Double Vision (double vision)
Recent Keppra related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Keppra, Depakote, Mysoline for a 56-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Lamictal, Keppra for a 57-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra, Lamictal for a 50-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Keppra, Ritalin, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Cavernous Hemangioma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.