Keppra and Epstein-barr virus infection - from FDA reports
Epstein-barr virus infection is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diovan, and have Epilepsy . We study 34,747 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA. Among them, 19 have Epstein-barr virus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Epstein-barr virus infection and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 37,187 users)
Epstein-barr Virus Infection
Epstein-barr virus infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, kidney transplant, preventive health care, immunodeficiency disorders (latest reports from 2,954 Epstein-barr virus infection patients).
On Feb, 11, 2017
34,747 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra.
Among them, 19 people (0.05%) have Epstein-barr Virus Infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Keppra when people have Epstein-barr Virus Infection *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Epstein-barr Virus Infection when taking Keppra *:
- female: 89.47 %
- male: 10.53 %
Age of people who have Epstein-barr Virus Infection when taking Keppra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 5.26 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.26 %
- 50-59: 57.89 %
- 60+: 26.32 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (12 people, 63.16%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (11 people, 57.89%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 57.89%)
- Hypothyroidism (9 people, 47.37%)
- Glioma (3 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diovan (11 people, 57.89%)
- Sulfadiazine (8 people, 42.11%)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride (3 people, 15.79%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 15.79%)
- Dexamethasone (1 person, 5.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hemiparesis (12 people, 63.16%)
- Central Nervous System Lesion (11 people, 57.89%)
- Brain Mass (11 people, 57.89%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (10 people, 52.63%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (9 people, 47.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epstein-barr virus infection when taking Keppra?
- Check symptoms - is epstein-barr virus infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Epstein-barr virus infectionEpstein-barr virus infection
Could your condition cause Epstein-barr virus infectionEpstein-barr virus infection
Can you answer these questions?
I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I am new to this forum. Call me G. I h@ave Fibro, epilepsy, chronic migraine, pending MS diagnosis. ..I take Keppra for an anti seizure, I beleive it is the cause of the pain (pancreatitis). It is miserable . Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
Hi. My son is 21 months has seizures and is taking Kepra. Recently, we had to try Miralax for constipation and can't help but to at least question, could Miralax be making his seizures more frequent and a lot worse? Does anyone have any info that could help us? Thanks