Home > Keppra > Family planning and contraception > Keppra and Family planning and contraception
Review: could Keppra cause Family planning and contraception (Birth control)?
Summary: Family planning and contraception is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Folic acid, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,870 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 458 have Family planning and contraception. Find out below who they are, when they have Family planning and contraception and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Family planning and contraception >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,204 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Family planning and contraception
Family planning and contraception (latest reports from 105,707 patients) has been reported by people with hiv infection, birth control, multiple sclerosis, acne, epilepsy.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 19,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 441 people (2.22%) have Family Planning And Contraception.
Time on Keppra when people have Family planning and contraception * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Family planning and contraception||31.40%||39.67%||13.22%||11.57%||4.13%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Family planning and contraception when taking Keppra * :
|Family planning and contraception||96.70%||3.30% |
Age of people who have Family planning and contraception when taking Keppra * :
|Family planning and contraception||0.80%||0.00%||2.58%||52.09%||42.35%||2.19%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Family planning and contraception when taking Keppra ** :
How people recovered from Family planning and contraception ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (425 people, 96.37%)
- Pregnancy (86 people, 19.50%)
- Convulsion (64 people, 14.51%)
- Vitamin supplementation (45 people, 10.20%)
- Partial seizures (15 people, 3.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (264 people, 59.86%)
- Lamictal (74 people, 16.78%)
- Keppra xr (74 people, 16.78%)
- Prenatal vitamins (57 people, 12.93%)
- Vitamin tab (54 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Family Planning And Contraception while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Family Planning And Contraception
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Family Planning And Contraception
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, Pregnancy On Implant Contraceptive, and takes Aciclovir, Nexplanon)
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir while on the implant I was also taking anti biotics
I ignored early symptoms as I thought there was no way I could be and put it down to side affects I then ha more and more symptoms did a test it was neg did another a few weeks later still ...
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Weight Loss, Birth Control, and takes Xanax, Lamictal, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Allegra, Protonix)
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Depo provera and 50mg topamax (1 answer)
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Birth Control, and takes Topamax, Depo-provera)
I was wondering if 50 mg of topamax would decrease the effevtiveness of the depo shot?
- Is safe keppra for g6pd?
(Asked by a 4 year old girl who has G6pd, Cerebral Palsy, and takes Keppra)
my baby is 3 yrs old g6pd and cerebral palsy condition,, she suffering seizures
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old man who has Epilepsy, and takes Cialis, Levetiracetam)
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
More questions for: Keppra, Family planning and contraception
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Intractable Epilepsy, and takes Keppra Xr)
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Ringing in the ears from keppra
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Keppra)
The ringing started almost immediately. Two doctors I saw said they never heard of that side effect with Keppra. It's bad from late at night through the early morning.
More reviews for: Keppra, Family planning and contraception
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of side effects of Levetiracetam for a patient with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. The patient has Exchange Blood Transfusion
Comments: I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizures. The patient has During 4 Years Of Keppra Use I Have Virtually No Libido And Difficulty In Achieving An Erection
Comments: Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- A study of side effects of Keppra Xr for a patient with Seizures. The patient has Vimpat Iv
Comments: I was started on Keppra after being hospitalized for a blackout, eeg showed seizure peaks..3 mons. into the medicine I began having mouth facial neck pain and involuntary movements along with confusion...Dr. gave me IV Vimpat which madde it worse, was this a side effect to these medicines? for over ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
More related studies for: Keppra, Family planning and contraception
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- Garlic and Prednisone
- Ovarian Cyst and Topamax
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (2 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (3 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea for a 36-year old woman who has Brain Mass (4 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Prednisolone Acetate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Synthroid, Temazepam, Xanax, Viibryd, Remeron, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel Xr for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Eye Inflammation, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypothroid, Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- Oxcarbazepine, Alprazolam for a 38-year old woman who has Depression, Insomnia (1 hour ago)