Review: could Keppra cause Fever?
Summary: Fever is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,870 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 624 have Fever. Find out below who they are, when they have Fever and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Fever >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 21,210 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Fever 168,332 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 19,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 624 people (3.14%) have Fever.
Time on Keppra when people have Fever * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Fever when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Fever when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fever ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (163 people, 26.12%)
- Convulsion (113 people, 18.11%)
- Glioblastoma multiforme (58 people, 9.29%)
- Depression (28 people, 4.49%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 4.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (109 people, 17.47%)
- Tegretol (73 people, 11.70%)
- Depakote (54 people, 8.65%)
- Decadron (53 people, 8.49%)
- Dilantin (48 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fever while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Fever
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Fever
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the sixth days I had horrible joint pain for my whole body ans swollen on my hands and foot. I spoke to doctor, doctor said I should finish my zyvox doses since my foot infection does not cure yet. Then after two days I stopped the ZYvox, my joint pain getting better and swollen figers getting better but I feel headache and has fever. After surfing the internet, I found the interactions between hydroxychloroquine and the Zyvox could cause "The risk of peripheral neuropathy may be increased during concurrent use of two or more agents that are associated with this adverse effect. Patient risk factors include diabetesand age older than 60 years. In some cases, the neuropathy may progress or become irreversible despite discontinuation of the medications". I stooped taking Zyvox now, however, I am still taking my hydroxchloroquine and need to continue maybe life long. My appintment with my Rheumatologist is a month later. My pcp and Podiatrist seem have no idea about the interactions between the two medications. I would like to find out if I continue take hdroxycholoroquin, though I stopped the Zvox will still harm my nerv system? Should I stop taking Hydroxycholoroquine? How do I treat my headache and fever? Thanks
- What effect if i take dexamethasone and cyproheptedine?
i take paracetamol 500 mg with chloroperamine (copastin),and some medicine related tu flue. i have some problem with my nose and i take fedac.
- Is safe keppra for g6pd?
my baby is 3 yrs old g6pd and cerebral palsy condition,, she suffering seizures
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam (1 answer)
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
More questions for: Keppra, Fever
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppra . chest pain went a way 2 days later .
switched to a new med . a month later no chest pain
I developed a allergy to Dilantin ten years ago and had chest pain. went away after stopping Dilantin
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some of the worst troubles have been TBI from birth. Epilepsy my entire life. Brain tumor ( surgery to remove it in 1982) Graves Disease. RA and most recently Lupus ( caused by the keppra)
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
- Ringing in the ears from keppra
The ringing started almost immediately. Two doctors I saw said they never heard of that side effect with Keppra. It's bad from late at night through the early morning.
More reviews for: Keppra, Fever
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- I have to choose between taking the drugs and having seizures or staying off the drugs and raising my blood count. I have no choice but to stay on the drugs and struggle daily to keep my blood count up with supplementation, herbs, others pills, etc.
- Although I am now 65 and I have been taking 3000 mg of Keppra every day for the past 4 years since my seizure, I have experienced a diminished libido and an even more absence of erections. I am in fairly good condition for my age and prior to this medication I have never had any sexual issues in the ...
- started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/congested nose, body ache.
Diagnoised as Thypoid on 29Sep 2014, took cefixime+afloxacin tablet for three days.
Moved on to Ciproflaxcin I V, then Afloxacin, after all these no improvement found.
Now increased fever 102'F, heavy body pain, chilled p ...
More related studies for: Keppra, Fever
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.