Review: could Keppra cause Insomnia?
We study 19,864 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 336 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Insomnia >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,198 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 19,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 351 people (1.77%) have Insomnia.
Time on Keppra when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (155 people, 44.16%)
- Epilepsy (83 people, 23.65%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 6.55%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (23 people, 6.55%)
- Sleep disorder (23 people, 6.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (60 people, 17.09%)
- Folic acid (41 people, 11.68%)
- Xanax (40 people, 11.40%)
- Dilantin (39 people, 11.11%)
- Neurontin (34 people, 9.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Keppra?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Keppra, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
More reviews for: Keppra, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Keppra is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Keppra used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Cytomel, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardura, Calcium, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin D for a patient with Traumatic Brain Injury, Abulia, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Osteopenia, Muscle Mass, Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Abulia, Insomnia Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Lunesta, Citrus for a patient with Brain Tumor - Adults, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Vitamin C. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Sleeping Difficulty (difficult sleeping), Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Shortness Of Breath
More related studies for: Keppra, Insomnia
Recent Keppra related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Keppra, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.