Review: could Keppra cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
Summary: Petechiae is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Glioblastoma.
We study 19,913 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Keppra and have Petechiae >>>
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 21,249 Keppra users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 6,482 Petechiae patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 19,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 58 people (0.29%) have Petechiae.
Time on Keppra when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glioblastoma (9 people, 15.52%)
- Convulsion (8 people, 13.79%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain (7 people, 12.07%)
- Partial seizures (5 people, 8.62%)
- Complex partial seizures (5 people, 8.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (11 people, 18.97%)
- Decadron (11 people, 18.97%)
- Valium (10 people, 17.24%)
- Nexium (9 people, 15.52%)
- Trazodone hcl (8 people, 13.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of keppra and petechiae on
Do you have Petechiae while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Keppra related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Keppra, Depakote, Mysoline for a 56-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Lamictal, Keppra for a 57-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra, Lamictal for a 50-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Keppra, Ritalin, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Cavernous Hemangioma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.