Home > Keppra > Pruritus > Keppra and Pruritus
Review: could Keppra cause Pruritus (Itching)?
We study 19,864 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 270 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Pruritus >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,198 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 546,002 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 19,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 280 people (1.41%) have Pruritus.
Time on Keppra when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (93 people, 33.21%)
- Convulsion (40 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 6.79%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 6.07%)
- Complex partial seizures (10 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (50 people, 17.86%)
- Tegretol (30 people, 10.71%)
- Dilantin (26 people, 9.29%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 8.93%)
- Clonazepam (24 people, 8.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Keppra?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Keppra, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- Cymbalta side effects
Cymbalta was prescribed in Sep. for pain associated with a total knee replacement which was done in Feb. During a yearly physical exam in April my AST and ALT numbers were 21 and 24. After taking Cymbalta for six days in September I noticed dark urine and immediately quit the Cymbalta. Labs done thr ...
More reviews for: Keppra, Pruritus
On eHealthMe, Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Keppra is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Keppra used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Keppra, Pruritus
Recent Keppra related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Potiga, Vimpat, Keppra, Tegretol-xr for a 51-year old man who has ROP
- Comparions of Dilantin, Keppra for a 24-year old woman who has Complex Partial Seizures
- Comparions of Dilantin, Keppra for a 38-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Zonisamide, Keppra, Onfi for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Keppra for a 11-year old boy who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Keppra, Amantadine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old woman who has Head Injury
- Comparions of Keppra, Albenza for a 31-year old woman who has Cyst In Brain Due To Pork Worm
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Extended Phenytoin Sodium for a 29-year old woman who has Grand Mal Seizure
- Comparions of Keppra, Neurontin, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Lamictal, Levetiracetam for a 84-year old man who has Seizure
More related comparison studies for: Keppra, Pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (36 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Palmar Plantar Erythrodysaesthesia Syndrome
- Valley Fever
- Hair Loss