Home > Keppra > Pruritus > Keppra and Pruritus
Review: could Keppra cause Pruritus (Itching)?
Summary: Pruritus is found among people who take Keppra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Epilepsy.
We study 19,864 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 270 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Pruritus >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,200 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 546,293 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 19,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 280 people (1.41%) have Pruritus.
Time on Keppra when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Keppra * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Keppra * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (93 people, 33.21%)
- Convulsion (40 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 6.79%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 6.07%)
- Complex partial seizures (10 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (50 people, 17.86%)
- Tegretol (30 people, 10.71%)
- Dilantin (26 people, 9.29%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 8.93%)
- Clonazepam (24 people, 8.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Keppra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
- Is safe keppra for g6pd?
(Asked by a 4 year old girl who has G6pd, Cerebral Palsy, and takes Keppra)
my baby is 3 yrs old g6pd and cerebral palsy condition,, she suffering seizures
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
(Asked by a 88 year old man who has Epilepsy, and takes Cialis, Levetiracetam)
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
More questions for: Keppra, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Keppra, Pruritus
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Opana, Opana Er, Zoloft, Restoril, Pristiq, Enbrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enzyme Supplementation, Breakthrough Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Itching, Flank Pain
Comments: Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching
Comments: Hives, bruising
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Acid Reflux, Allergy. The patient has Itching
Comments: itchiness after an insect bite (mosquitoes,bugs)
More related studies for: Keppra, Pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.