Home > Keppra > Rapid heart beat > Keppra and Rapid heart beat
Review: could Keppra cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
We study 19,864 people who have side effects while taking Keppra from FDA and social media. Among them, 104 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Keppra and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,198 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat (latest reports from 214,275 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 19,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Keppra. Among them, 104 people (0.52%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Keppra when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||52.38%||38.10%||9.52%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Keppra * :
|Rapid heart beat||44.35%||55.65% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Keppra * :
|Rapid heart beat||3.54%||2.65%||14.16%||16.81%||9.73%||9.73%||15.04%||28.32% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Keppra ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rapid heart beat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (33 people, 31.73%)
- Convulsion (18 people, 17.31%)
- Depression (10 people, 9.62%)
- Multiple sclerosis (8 people, 7.69%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (8 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (24 people, 23.08%)
- Tegretol (17 people, 16.35%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 11.54%)
- Plavix (10 people, 9.62%)
- Nexium (10 people, 9.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Keppra?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Keppra and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Keppra
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 hours ago):
Feeling of butterflies in ears, pressure in chest along with increased feeling of anxiety, extremely fidgety legs, unable to sit still, trembling extremities, severe shakiness.
From this study (3 days ago):
i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second time was worst than the first and came back in waves. the first time it happened once and it was over.
From this study (5 days ago):
With out decrease in HGB or HCT
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Keppra, Rapid heart beat
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month .
2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes
took keppra 7 years .
started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Keppra, Rapid heart beat
On eHealthMe, Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Keppra is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Keppra used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (51 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Florence Fennel
- Vitex Trifolia
- Urovist Meglumine Diu/ct
- Poisoning Fish And Shellfish