Home > Ketoconazole > Kidney failure > Ketoconazole and Kidney failure
Review: could Ketoconazole cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 2,533 people who have side effects while taking Ketoconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Kidney failure >>>
Ketoconazole (latest outcomes from 2,673 users) has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in fungal infection.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Ketoconazole. Among them, 81 people (3.20%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Ketoconazole when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Ketoconazole * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||5.41%||9.46%||18.92%||1.35%||6.76%||58.11% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Ketoconazole ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (21 people, 25.93%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 23.46%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 14.81%)
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 12.35%)
- Pain (10 people, 12.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (28 people, 34.57%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 29.63%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (24 people, 29.63%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 27.16%)
- Lupron (21 people, 25.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Ketoconazole?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
On eHealthMe, Ketoconazole (ketoconazole) is often used for fungal infection. Find out below the conditions Ketoconazole is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ketoconazole used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
Recent Ketoconazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Itraconazole, Ketoconazole for a 32-year old man who has Fungal Infection
- Comparions of Oxistat, Ketoconazole for a 85-year old man who has Fungus Ball
- Comparions of Theophylline, Ketoconazole for a 46-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Ketoconazole (Teva) - 2%, Betamethasone Dipropionate (Pharmaderm) - EQ 0.05% BASE for a 72-year old woman who has Itching
- Comparions of Ketoconazole, Lunelle for a 26-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Ketoconazole (Teva) - 2%, Nystatin (Taro) - 100,000 UNITS/GM for a 59-year old man who has Bob Samuelson
- Comparions of Tri-sprintec, Ketoconazole (Teva) - 200MG for a 35-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Lipitor (Pfizer) - EQ 10MG BASE, Ketoconazole (Teva) - 2% for a 50-year old woman who has Cholesterol
- Comparions of Mucinex, Ketoconazole for a 4-year old boy who has Flu
More related comparison studies for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.