Home > Ketoconazole > Kidney failure > Ketoconazole and Kidney failure
Review: could Ketoconazole cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Ketoconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 2,533 people who have side effects while taking Ketoconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Kidney failure >>>
Ketoconazole (latest outcomes from 2,673 users) has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in fungal infection.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 434,587 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Ketoconazole. Among them, 81 people (3.20%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Ketoconazole when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Ketoconazole * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||5.41%||9.46%||18.92%||1.35%||6.76%||58.11% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Ketoconazole ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (21 people, 25.93%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 23.46%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 14.81%)
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 12.35%)
- Pain (10 people, 12.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (28 people, 34.57%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 29.63%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (24 people, 29.63%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 27.16%)
- Lupron (21 people, 25.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Ketoconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Have problems on ketoconazole with copper toxicity? having hyperlipidemia.
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Copper Toxicity, and takes Ketoconazole, Simvastatin)
I recently had a fungal infection and was put on ketoconazole. I then started having fatigue symptoms, digestive issues, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, skin issues, irritability beyond reasonable and severe headaches. Has anyone encountered this?
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- I have stage 3 kidney failure and i drink folgers cappuccino daily one of the ingredients is dipotassium phosphate is that harmful to my kidneys
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Stage 3 Kidney Failure, Kidney Failure)
is folgers cappuccino mix ok to drink if you have stage 3 kidney failure
More questions for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
- A study of drug interactions between Ketoconazole, Omeprazole, Ranitidine, Wellbutrin for a patient with Ringworm, Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Extremely High Testerone Levels And Pcos
Comments: My daughter has been severly depressed (and ???suicidal) since a date rape, pregancy, and miscarriage in her 10th grade high school year. She is a totally different person since then. She has since pushed everyone away and moved to another state where she doesn't know anyone. It's been a year since ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
More related studies for: Ketoconazole, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Alzheimer's Disease and Diarrhea
- Azopt and Sleep Disorders
- Sweating - Excessive and Crestor
- Mucinex Dm and Protriptyline Hydrochloride
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (9 minutes ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (12 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (14 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)