Home > Ketoconazole > Shingles > Ketoconazole and Shingles
Review: could Ketoconazole cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
Summary: Shingles is found among people who take Ketoconazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aredia, and have Breast cancer.
We study 2,533 people who have side effects while taking Ketoconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Shingles. Find out below who they are, when they have Shingles and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Shingles >>>
Ketoconazole (latest outcomes from 2,673 users) has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in fungal infection.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 118,095 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 2,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Ketoconazole. Among them, 42 people (1.66%) have Shingles.
Time on Ketoconazole when people have Shingles * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Ketoconazole * :
Severity of Shingles when taking Ketoconazole ** :
How people recovered from Shingles ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (8 people, 19.05%)
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 19.05%)
- Bipolar i disorder (8 people, 19.05%)
- Insomnia (7 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (5 people, 11.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (29 people, 69.05%)
- Zometa (26 people, 61.90%)
- Vicodin (25 people, 59.52%)
- Oxycontin (23 people, 54.76%)
- Ambien (23 people, 54.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shingles while taking Ketoconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Shingles
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole
- support group for people who have Shingles
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i use marijuana and valacyclovir hcl for shingles? interaction
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Shingles)
I have just found out that I have shingles. I am very nervous about this. I am wondering if I can have a glass of wine or smoke marijuana and what the interaction is. I have been prescribed Valacyclovir HCL. Thank you.
- Prolia injection, then 6-8 weeks following, shingles and uti
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Herpes Zoster, and takes Prolia)
First Prolia injection December, 2011, followed by Prolia injection every six months, last injection January, 2014. Developed Shingles late February 2012; still have constant pain, constant itching, 6 to 8 weeks following injection UTI. This past weekend has been the weekend from HELL.........low ...
- Can shingles result in unilateral ptosis, ear pain and swallowing issues? i get recurring shingles on my face every 2 or 3 weeks.
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Shingles)
I have recurring shingles on my forehead and jaw about every 3 weeks on the right side for the last 15 years. Over the last year I've developed unilateral partial ptosis, sensor I neural hearing loss with ear pain and a sort of delay in swallowing all on the opposite side. I am wondering if they are ...
- Have problems on ketoconazole with copper toxicity? having hyperlipidemia.
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Copper Toxicity, and takes Ketoconazole, Simvastatin)
I recently had a fungal infection and was put on ketoconazole. I then started having fatigue symptoms, digestive issues, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, skin issues, irritability beyond reasonable and severe headaches. Has anyone encountered this?
- Severe leg pain with waling or movement also weakness is this related to tendon damage from valacyclovir?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir)
Also taking oral transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for intrapped femerol nerve from
pelvic bone lesions. Many allergies to medications
More questions for: Ketoconazole, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
More reviews for: Ketoconazole, Shingles
- A study of side effects of Ketoconazole for a patient with Histoplasmosis. The patient has Infertility
Comments: I would like to know if this drug can make you infertile, or if it causes more complications when trying to conceive after being off of the drug.
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 100/50, Valtrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nasonex, Clarinex, Prilosec for a patient with Pain, Shingles, High Blood Pressure, Allergies, Gerd. The patient has Weakness, Headache, Stomach Pumping, Vertigo, Nausea, Startle Reflex, Shingles
Comments: I have a constant burning, diarrhea, startling, nausea and vertigo that doesn't stop.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Allergic Reactions. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic r ...
- A study of side effects of Betaseron for a patient with MS. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: Now have MERSA
- A study of drug interactions between Lidocaine, Locoid Lipocream, Ketoconazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Nitrostat, Tramadol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Ciprofloxacin, Aspirin, Humulin R, Glimepiride, Bumetanide, Klor-con M10, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Numbness And Tingling, Skin Tags, Ingrown Toenail, Allergies, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Heart Disease, Pain Of Skin, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Muscle Cramps, Hypotension. The patient has Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Epidermoid Cyst, Insulin Resistant Diabetes, Angina Unstable
Comments: I had open heart surgery on 05-23-2013 5 bypass
More related studies for: Ketoconazole, Shingles
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (23 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (45 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)