Review: could Ketoconazole cause Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Summary: Sinus infection is found among people who take Ketoconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Ativan, and have Trismus.
We study 2,533 people who have side effects while taking Ketoconazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Sinus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Sinus infection >>>
Ketoconazole has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in fungal infection. (latest outcomes from Ketoconazole 2,673 users)
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis.(latest reports from Sinus infection 36,433 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 2,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Ketoconazole. Among them, 67 people (2.65%) have Sinus Infection.
Time on Ketoconazole when people have Sinus infection * :
Age of people who have Sinus infection when taking Ketoconazole * :
|Sinus infection||1.69%||3.39%||1.69%||1.69%||22.03%||6.78%||13.56%||49.15% |
Severity of Sinus infection when taking Ketoconazole ** :
How people recovered from Sinus infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Trismus (15 people, 22.39%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 22.39%)
- Eczema (14 people, 20.90%)
- Hiv infection (4 people, 5.97%)
- Prostate cancer (2 people, 2.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (29 people, 43.28%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 43.28%)
- Zometa (28 people, 41.79%)
- Lasix (27 people, 40.30%)
- Lipitor (26 people, 38.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Infection while taking Ketoconazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole and have Sinus Infection
- support group for people who take Ketoconazole
- support group for people who have Sinus Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Have problems on ketoconazole with copper toxicity? having hyperlipidemia. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Copper Toxicity, and takes Ketoconazole, Simvastatin)
I recently had a fungal infection and was put on ketoconazole. I then started having fatigue symptoms, digestive issues, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, skin issues, irritability beyond reasonable and severe headaches. Has anyone encountered this?
More questions for: Ketoconazole, Sinus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Ketoconazole, Sinus infection
- A study of side effects of Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus), Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- A study of side effects of Ketoconazole for a patient with Skin Infection - Yeast. The patient has Sebaceous Cyst (oil gland cyst)
Comments: I am using glucophage 1000mg per day to control my sugar levels. It is working ok to control(7-8,5)mornings and (11-12,5) after meals. But I am developing sebaceous cyst on my face and upper back and behind my armpits. I am not sure how much longer I should be taking these tablets as I have been usi ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl, Ginseng, Siberian, Natural DHEA, L - Arginine, Flunisolide, Amlodipine for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Sinus Congestion, Health, Sinusitis, Blood Pressure Abnormal. The patient has Pain Between Eyes, Back Pain, Vomiting, Painful Red Eyes, Facial Pain, Headache, Sinusitis
Comments: The sinus pain occurs when I drink alcohol most of the time but does occurs without the use of alcohol beverages. I get some relief by using a very hot towel for about 30 minutes and the Flunisolide. My doctor has given me MRI's, CAT Scans, blood work, eye pressure test and stress tests. I am retir ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a patient with Nerve Compression, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Neuropathy, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Sinusitis
Comments: Have had problems with all the statins - Lipitor caused horrendous muscle aches and pains - I have a back/ nerve pain problem so I cannot tell if the Simvastatiin is causing any part of my discomfort, which I have every day. I also have neuropathy in both feet for the past 2 years. My High Cho ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fanapt, Gabapentin for a patient with Mood Disorder. The patient has Sinusitis, Diabetes Insipidus, Frequent Headaches, Dizziness
Comments: Would like to know if either or both of these medication can cause these symptoms.Sinusitis was treated for sinus infection however even with post antibiotic CT scan she continues to have HA and dizziness, results of CT were mild sinusitis.
Urine Reesults as follows from 24 hour urine screen: Tota ...
More related studies for: Ketoconazole, Sinus infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.