Review: could Klonopin cause Bone density loss (Bone Density Decreased)?
Summary: Bone density loss is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Wellbutrin, and have Pain.
We study 28,821 people who have side effects while taking Klonopin from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Bone density loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone density loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Klonopin and have Bone density loss >>>
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 31,327 Klonopin users)
Bone density loss
Bone density loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, breast cancer, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,637 Bone density loss patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 28,821 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 54 people (0.19%) have Bone Density Loss.
Time on Klonopin when people have Bone density loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone density loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone density loss when taking Klonopin * :
|Bone density loss||83.64%||16.36% |
Age of people who have Bone density loss when taking Klonopin * :
|Bone density loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||45.10%||31.37%||23.53% |
Severity of Bone density loss when taking Klonopin ** :
How people recovered from Bone density loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 31.48%)
- Depression (16 people, 29.63%)
- Sleep disorder (13 people, 24.07%)
- Breast cancer recurrent (12 people, 22.22%)
- Breast cancer (12 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin (14 people, 25.93%)
- Paxil (13 people, 24.07%)
- Aredia (13 people, 24.07%)
- Zometa (13 people, 24.07%)
- Ambien (12 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Joyce (3 years ago):
I have experienced severe bone loss, severe osteoporous after taking Klonopin for 20 years. I am going to sue the company as I was not aware of this when given this drug for my anxiety and panic disorder then. My spine is now -3.44 and I am only 63 years old with no history of this in my family.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone Density Loss while taking Klonopin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Klonopin and have Bone Density Loss
- support group for people who take Klonopin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Octreotide Acetate, Klonopin for a 31-year old woman with Diarrhea, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Topamax, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety, Migraine, Systemic Sclerosis. The patient has Not Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal, Tuberous Sclerosis
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 35-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Recent Klonopin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.