Review: could Klonopin cause Heart racing (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Heart racing is found among people who take Klonopin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 28,821 people who have side effects while taking Klonopin from FDA and social media. Among them, 575 have Heart racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart racing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Klonopin and have Heart racing >>>
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 31,327 Klonopin users)
Heart racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart racing patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 28,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Klonopin. Among them, 575 people (2.00%) have Heart Racing.
Time on Klonopin when people have Heart racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart racing||15.79%||10.53%||23.68%||13.16%||18.42%||15.79%||2.63% |
Gender of people who have Heart racing when taking Klonopin * :
|Heart racing||79.15%||20.85% |
Age of people who have Heart racing when taking Klonopin * :
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.19%||0.95%||9.87%||17.65%||26.76%||26.76%||17.84% |
Severity of Heart racing when taking Klonopin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart racing||5.26%||84.21%||5.26%||5.26% |
How people recovered from Heart racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (87 people, 15.13%)
- Depression (71 people, 12.35%)
- Pain (58 people, 10.09%)
- Bipolar disorder (37 people, 6.43%)
- Sleep disorder (32 people, 5.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (106 people, 18.43%)
- Seroquel (89 people, 15.48%)
- Paxil (86 people, 14.96%)
- Xanax (81 people, 14.09%)
- Ambien (77 people, 13.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Racing while taking Klonopin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Klonopin and have Heart Racing
- support group for people who take Klonopin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Octreotide Acetate, Klonopin for a 31-year old woman with Diarrhea, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Topamax, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety, Migraine, Systemic Sclerosis. The patient has Not Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal, Tuberous Sclerosis
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 35-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)
- A study of side effects of Sulfadiazine for a 37-year old woman with Rheumatoid Factor Positive. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Recent Klonopin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.